Employee threatening anther employee

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Sad times when you have to worry about these things over pettiness sorry that happened to you
I understand, man. Luckily we managed to squish the beef and it didn’t have to lead up to that. I firmly believe things can be solved peacefully, and sometimes it takes reaching out, but I understand it’s not always the case. Generally, when it comes to that it means the the person is undergoing some stress at home, so I don’t blame them for reacting, however, I take any threat serious, mostly due to it being the area where I work at, lol. ‘Cause the boyz in da hood are alwayz hard and all that. Hope everything works out for you, man. Just remain positive.

Nah
Somewhat agree.

Accept any comm(one way). More proof.

Watch my 6 until complete.....cause if this guy(perp) loses his job.......
So don't block his number? I dunno. I understand what you mean, that's just what I'd do. More texts as proof could help, but I wouldn't want to be getting constant harassing phone calls.

Honestly though... Maybe the best thing to do now is nothing? Is a guy going to "ruin" someone for not running their favorite route for one day? A route the thread creator didn't even take? Maybe waiting is the right play...

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Go to the police about it. Show the texts.

After that, put it out of your mind. Do NOT engage with this individual anymore. Don't give anyone a reason to accuse you of being the abusive one.

Block his number. You have no obligation to let him call you or text you.
Don’t block his number OP, never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake. That way you have repeated harassment for the lawyer to comb through.

542thruNthru

Ok...
Going to management should always be the last resort. Management/company only cares about one thing.

Liability.

You should always try the union first. (Depending on the threat) a BA or steward can easily have a talk with the person and make them aware that their actions are out of line and can lead to termination if they don't back off.

If it's past that point then you need to call the 1800 number and report it. Don't go to your management team because more than likely they will miss handle it and sweep it under the rug.

If you want to file a police report that's up to you.

qdg2

So don't block his number? I dunno. I understand what you mean, that's just what I'd do. More texts as proof could help, but I wouldn't want to be getting constant harassing phone calls.

Honestly though... Maybe the best thing to do now is nothing? Is a guy going to "ruin" someone for not running their favorite route for one day? A route the thread creator didn't even take? Maybe waiting is the right play...
IMHO,

this needs to stop.

How crazy is the perp?.....enough to put threats in writing....crazy and stupid.....dangerous.

Nah
IMHO,

this needs to stop.

How crazy is the perp?.....enough to put threats in writing....crazy and stupid.....dangerous.
I tend to think someone hotheaded enough to do more than just talk would've gotten himself fired or arrested by now. If it keeps happening, then definitely do something.

qdg2

Ok...
Going to management should always be the last resort. Management/company only cares about one thing.

Liability.

You should always try the union first. (Depending on the threat) a BA or steward can easily have a talk with the person and make them aware that their actions are out of line and can lead to termination if they don't back off.

If it's past that point then you need to call the 1800 number and report it. Don't go to your management team because more than likely they will miss handle it and sweep it under the rug.

If you want to file a police report that's up to you.
Well if mgt is worried about liability....they wouldn't "sweep it under the rug"...the union and cops could do that too....

DEPENDING ON THE THREAT.....there shouldn't be ANY threats.

I'd try all 3......lot's of trail and evidence.

Nomnom

IMHO,

this needs to stop.

Right now he seems pretty upset over something I haven’t even done yet so I would say pretty crazy especially seeing what’s going to happen when I actually run the route I don’t want to find out how crazy he is though..I’m not worried about me I’m worried about my family

qdg2

I tend to think someone hotheaded enough to do more than just talk would've gotten himself fired or arrested by now. If it keeps happening, then definitely do something.
Maybe....

To wit: some folks just go straight to nuclear........like trans school killers....

qdg2

Right now he seems pretty upset over something I haven’t even done yet so I would say pretty crazy especially seeing what’s going to happen when I actually run the route I don’t want to find out how crazy he is though..I’m not worried about me I’m worried about my family
Then stop what you are doing(this) and REPORT IT.

Nomnom

Just didn’t know if it would be over dramatic to go to the cops but it seems like that’s what I’m going to have to do if management and union really won’t do anything

Nomnom

Rather be save then sorry just didn’t know if ups would do anything in the workplace after I take care of the home with police

Nah
Does he know where you live?

542thruNthru

Well if mgt is worried about liability....they wouldn't "sweep it under the rug"...the union and cops could do that too....

DEPENDING ON THE THREAT.....there shouldn't be ANY threats.

I'd try all 3......lot's of trail and evidence.
The company is worried about liability. Depending on the center and the driver the center team may try and sweep it under the rug. Once it's passed center management the company really doesn't care who is at fault they will do what's best to minimize liability. If it means disciplining both parties then so be it in the companies eyes.

Nah
Just didn’t know if it would be over dramatic to go to the cops but it seems like that’s what I’m going to have to do if management and union really won’t do anything
If he's threatening you and your family, and you think it's credible, then no, it's not overdramatic to go to the police. If you're that scared, then do it.
Rather be save then sorry just didn’t know if ups would do anything in the workplace after I take care of the home with police
UPS is weird on workplace violence. The only fight I've ever witnessed resulted in nothing happening, because the supervisor told both involved (even the person who didn't lift a finger), if he walked one person out, he'd have to walk both out. That's why I said stay away from him when you see him at work. Keep your distance.