Employee threatening anther employee

qdg2

Who to contact when an employee is threatening me and my family
Cops. Mgt. If you are both hourly union.....union won't touch it.

FIRST.....Make sure you have proof. This for when the perp makes counter-claims......

I have seen this scenario go many ways.

Nomnom

Cops. Mgt. If you are both hourly union.....union won't touch it.

FIRST.....Make sure you have proof. This for when the perp makes counter-claims......

I have seen this scenario go many ways.
Ok so management or union does nothing…we are both union

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I underwent this before, if it’s that bad you can call the cops. I rang up a couple old friends of mine in case anything happened to me so they can get in touch with my family and deal with the situation, but if I were you I’d just go to the local authorities if you can’t solve the issue peacefully like gentlemen. Management is usually indifferent when it comes to hourly vs hourly, in fact I would say they actively instigate it, but that’s just me being cynical.

Nomnom

Cops.....

Why didn't you go to the cops? Threat...pretty serious.

Do you have proof? Where did this happen? Was it on video?
It was over phone call and text and it was in the work place he said he’s going to ruin me and my family because I am running a route that’s not his but he runs often but I have 7 year seniority over him and I also didn’t even bump him my supervisor told him I’m running it and he calls me up threatening me I think he has forgotten that bumping is part of working at ups it’s very unfortunate that it has even gone this far over a route

Nomnom

I underwent this before, if it’s that bad you can call the cops. I rang up a couple old friends of mine in case anything happened to me so they can get in touch with my family and deal with the situation, but if I were you I’d just go to the local authorities if you can’t solve the issue peacefully like gentlemen. Management is usually indifferent when it comes to hourly vs hourly, in fact I would say they actively instigate it, but that’s just me being cynical.
Sad times when you have to worry about these things over pettiness sorry that happened to you

qdg2

I understand the cynicism....

However, it depends.....

Add anything female to this and I think it will get extra special attention.

And having proof might save your job. I've seen both sides lose.

542thruNthru

It was over phone call and text and it was in the work place he said he’s going to ruin me and my family because I am running a route that’s not his but he runs often but I have 7 year seniority over him and I also didn’t even bump him my supervisor told him I’m running it and he calls me up threatening me I think he has forgotten that bumping is part of working at ups it’s very unfortunate that it has even gone this far over a route
Wait, all he said is he's going to "ruin" you and your family?

Nah
Go to the police about it. Show the texts.

After that, put it out of your mind. Do NOT engage with this individual anymore. Don't give anyone a reason to accuse you of being the abusive one.

Block his number. You have no obligation to let him call you or text you.

qdg2

Text?

Ruin......meaning what(in your opinion)?

qdg2

Go to the police about it. Show the texts.

After that, put it out of your mind. Do NOT engage with this individual anymore. Don't give anyone a reason to accuse you of being the abusive one.

Block his number. You have no obligation to let him call you or text you.
Somewhat agree.

Accept any comm(one way). More proof.

Watch my 6 until complete.....cause if this guy(perp) loses his job.......