Employee threatening anther employee

ManInBrown

Ok...
Going to management should always be the last resort. Management/company only cares about one thing.

Liability.

You should always try the union first. (Depending on the threat) a BA or steward can easily have a talk with the person and make them aware that their actions are out of line and can lead to termination if they don't back off.

If it's past that point then you need to call the 1800 number and report it. Don't go to your management team because more than likely they will miss handle it and sweep it under the rug.

If you want to file a police report that's up to you.
Union won’t do a thing. I’ve seen it before.

UPSER1987

It was over phone call and text and it was in the work place he said he’s going to ruin me and my family because I am running a route that’s not his but he runs often but I have 7 year seniority over him and I also didn’t even bump him my supervisor told him I’m running it and he calls me up threatening me I think he has forgotten that bumping is part of working at ups it’s very unfortunate that it has even gone this far over a route
Boy some of these idiots really carry the seniority thing too far. What a baby. All that drama to deliver a damn box.

Last edited:

qdg2

Be aware of what this will do to your reputation with other drivers. The naive will look at it as you ended or tried to end a career of another over a few texts.

Whatever happened to people telling others how it is. If he’s upsetting you and causing a problem, go find him, look him in the eye and tell him what the issue is and to back off.

Then if he doesn’t then you tell him that you’re going to take things further. Tell your steward and they will talk to him and explain senority. If that doesn’t help things then you have to consider who you go to next.

In 20 years I’ve seen this situation a handful of times and management will not help you. The company will likely see you as a problem also (liability) as well and the union is going to defend anyone who is walked out.

Talk to the guy. Have the steward with you and that should end things.
Ok. So simple....

Just "talking" to the guy could be construed in so many ways....in my 42 years....saw it many times. MOF, could be conceived as a threat....BTW...."take things further"....a threat? See? "Go find him...." Really?

Thebrownblob

It was over phone call and text and it was in the work place he said he’s going to ruin me and my family because I am running a route that’s not his but he runs often but I have 7 year seniority over him and I also didn’t even bump him my supervisor told him I’m running it and he calls me up threatening me I think he has forgotten that bumping is part of working at ups it’s very unfortunate that it has even gone this far over a route
How exactly could he ruin you? I’m not understanding with the threat means. I mean I guess if it was me, I would tell him to bring it on because he’s probably just full of crap.

Nah
Hard to believe.

These two outcomes are polar opposites.

Both scenarios victim blame and must "just take it".....really?
I don't like it either. And neither did the other witnesses. So it was a good day and very entertaining when management had to post the OSHA complaint one of the witnesses filed for all to see for "allowing workplace violence."

Thebrownblob

We had a situation where a pt teamster and a pt sup were not getting along. They were constantly irritating each other. The PT sup asked a ft sup to separate them. The ft sup refused. Then one day the pt sup kicked the Teamsters ass. Teamster didn't fight back and kept his job. Sup was fired.

If UPS management was competent they would have simply moved 1 guy to a different area. But management is full of a bunch of mouth breathers. So now the Teamster is getting a settlement.
I’ll take an ass beating for a nice Lawsuit😎

HavenoEDD

Ok. So simple....

Just "talking" to the guy could be construed in so many ways....in my 42 years....saw it many times. MOF, could be conceived as a threat....BTW...."take things further"....a threat? See? "Go find him...." Really?
Punctuation is a beautiful thing.