End of 2nd week as a preloader..

W

What The Hawk?

The new girl got the mall truck with the crickets and I warned her before hand. I handed her the box of crickets and she shreaked. Lmao

J

jibbs

We'll see. for some reason they thought that someone (ME) would be good at training someone else while they gave me two new trucks and those trucks kicked my butt today. But I will do better and as soon as I learn those trucks they will move me somewhere else. That's how it goes. Lol

Sorry for not keeping up, but you're a preloader, right? Not in management?

If so, it's really not your job to train new hires. If you're cool with it then sweet, but if it's adding additional BS that you could do without then you should point out to your supe it's not your job/you don't get paid to train employees, and if they continue to direct you to do so I'd try and see if there's something you can work out with your steward. I don't think you'd have a grievance, I just know that the stewards in my center are my most valued resource on the odd occasion where management seems to really be trying to :censored2: me over in one way or another. They've helped me sort through supervisor BS so fast that, in retrospect, the situation always seems laughable despite how heated I can get in the moment.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

If so, it's really not your job to train new hires. If you're cool with it then sweet, but if it's adding additional BS that you could do without then you should point out to your supe it's not your job/you don't get paid to train employees, and if they continue to direct you to do so I'd try and see if there's something you can work out with your steward. I don't think you'd have a grievance, I just know that the stewards in my center are my most valued resource on the odd occasion where management seems to really be trying to :censored2: me over in one way or another. They've helped me sort through supervisor BS so fast that, in retrospect, the situation always seems laughable despite how heated I can get in the moment.
There is language in the contract, at least locally (might be in the master though) about training and a higher pay scale.

Hey guys how can i become a driver helper this peak season whilst still being a permanent preloader?

I think it will help me be a better preloader and also know a little bit about what being a driver would be like. Which is my ultimate goal.
If there's not a helper sign up sheet, just tell every supervisor and the center manager you want to be a helper. It does help learning from a FT driver!

J

jibbs

There is language in the contract, at least locally (might be in the master though) about training and a higher pay scale.

Oh.... well then I guess a grievance is possible then.

giphy.gif

W

What The Hawk?

Well, I've been a preloader for 8 weeks or so. I don't want to gripe. lol