Eric Holder

moreluck

golden ticket member
Carney: Obama Thinks Holder Is “Doing An Excellent Job”…

That makes one person.
Via Daily Caller:
White House spokesman Jay Carney today declared that President Barack Obama has full confidence in his controversial Attorney General Eric Holder, despite the controversy over the department’s “Operation Fast and Furious” international gun-running program.

“He absolutely stands by the attorney general and thinks he’s doing an excellent job,” Carney said during a midday press conference Thursday.

Carney also refused to answer questions about the new DOJ bribery scandal revealed by the Daily Caller late Wednesday evening.

A Justice Department source told TheDC that Holder has delayed action on indictments related to a financial crime ring following the discovery that two of Holder’s prosecutors accepted cash bribes in the case.

moreluck

golden ticket member
12642o1.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The mother of murdered Border Patrol agent Brian Terry had harsh words for Attorney General Eric Holder after Thursday’s House oversight committee hearing on Operation Fast and Furious.
“THIS IS FOR YOU SON,” Mrs. Terry posted on Facebook at about 3:30 p.m. “Mr. Holder. How come you can never say my sons name. You never have. All i ever hear you say is ‘i didnt find out or I cant say’ Im actually tired of hearing your double talk in answering questions. What a joke you are. You know my son was a real AMERICAN, a WARRIOR, and a HERO, who was also protecting COWARD POLITICANS like you.”
“Hope you remember that,” Mrs. Terry added in her message to Holder before signing it: “PROUD MOM OF BRIAN A. TERRY.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Good News: Al-Qaeda Defense Attorney Set To Become Third Highest Ranking Official At Department of Justice…

What could possibly go wrong?
Via Judicial Watch:
In a scary development, a major Obama fundraiser who defended a convicted al Qaeda terrorist will become the third highest ranking official at the Department of Justice (DOJ), which, ironically, is charged with defending the interests of the United States.

Northern California lawyer Tony West has been named Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division, making him the No. 3 guy at the agency. In 2009 West, who helped Obama raise tens of millions of dollars as finance co-chairman of his first presidential campaign, was appointed to help run the DOJ’s civil division which represents the government, Congress and presidential cabinet officers and handles cases dealing with significant policy issues.

In a statement announcing the promotion this week, Attorney General Eric Holder says West has served the department with “professionalism, integrity and dedication.” Holder also mentions West’s work before coming to the DOJ a few years ago, including a stint as a Special Assistant Attorney General in California and a lengthier career at a large San Francisco law firm.

Conveniently omitted in the press release is that West represented convicted al Qaeda terrorist John Walker Lindh, who is serving a 20-year prison sentence. Lindh was captured in Afghanistan in 2001 while fighting against the U.S.-backed Northern Alliance as a member of the Taliban army. He actually pleaded guilty to aiding the Taliban and carrying explosives while fighting U.S. troops in the region.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Eric Holder is desparately trying to take the focus off of himself with the Fast & Furious stuff and now he's after Texan for trying to keep their voting clean.

It's somewhere around 18 states who already have voter I.D. and 33 states have considered it. I think Holder is afraid if voter ID is enacted in Texas, that Obama won't get the illegal alien vote. That's right....that's the purpose of voted ID.

He's naive to think voter fraud doesn't go on like he suggested in a statement. There is tape of people in Maine going in to a polling place and giving the names of dead people and being handed a ballot with no ID required.

This needs to change and there's no whining about poor or can't afford......some of the states will come to your house and it's free......now, what excuse can they come up with.

No one can buy booze without an ID or fly on a plane or buy cigarettes......there are lots of instances where you need an ID. AND, if you happen to drive, you sure as hell better have an ID (driver's license) or you're breaking the law.

Eric Holder should let the states decide what procedure they want for voters and he should keep his nose out of their business and go dig up the papers that the Issa people have asked for.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He still qualified his statement.....idiot! (I underlined the qualifying part)

(Fox News) — Attorney General Eric Holder has provided a formal response to a federal appeals court on whether the administration believes judges have the power to overturn federal laws.

Holder said “the power of the courts to review the constitutionality of legislation is beyond dispute,” though it should only be exercised in “appropriate cases.”

The Obama Justice Department is facing an early afternoon deadline to submit its formal explanation over whether the administration believes judges have the power to overturn federal laws.

But while administration officials have made clear in the wake of President Obama’s controversial comments that they respect that authority, it’s unlikely the letter Thursday will smooth things over.

With the president’s comments becoming a political football, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell plans to deliver a speech in his home state of Kentucky Thursday focusing on the president’s remarks.