Essential Personnel....

FreedomOne

If feels good to be essential. So good as a matter of fact that I was thrilled to deliver this gentleman his essential 150lb desk accompanied by an extended piece that was roughly the same weight. Should of called in over 70 need help. Actually no I should of just ni1’d it. Bad area shouldn’t leave. Require signature. Gets the owner to come out and help me carry it. Easy win for ups

Potentially infected by said owner? Still a win?

oldngray

nowhere special
2-10-1.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Did the same thing at my hub. Told us someone tested positive the day they came back to work after the 2 week quarantine. It's BS. Nobody is asking for a name, just the knowledge and some PPE.
I just found out another of my coworkers has been quarantined. Don’t know his story but the first person was quarantined after traveling to Connecticut.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did the same thing at my hub. Told us someone tested positive the day they came back to work after the 2 week quarantine. It's BS. Nobody is asking for a name, just the knowledge and some PPE.

...and what if his/her name would become public knowledge.....are you telling us that there would be no retribution....?

...and what if his/her name would become public knowledge.....are you telling us that there would be no retribution....?

I'm all for being left alone and nobody know who I am or what I had. Especially the way people have been treating me when they learn I had it - six weeks ago. I'd rather just lie to people and tell them I was never sick but that's how people die when there's unknown diseases. Oh well, I'll live.

Parts of HIPAA have been suspended to mitigate liability for healthcare professionals reporting infections during quarantine and such. I personally don't believe that UPS should be tasked with anything related to amended medical laws, or have any discussions with employees about private medical information.

They have no responsibility to tell employees. Employees have no right to people's private information. Employees have every right to not show up to work. Grieve them for the contract that says PPE. Grieve them for safety - there is a plague, it is unsafe. If they are not gonna sterilize and provide PPE over the new 19ft distance coronavirus can travel, don't go.

HOWEVER, I would recommend grieving until they provide PPE for everyone. I've been in talks with OSHA.

Are they gonna fire you for standing behind the contract meant to protect you? As a reminder: back pay, litigation.

I told them 3 weeks ago I'd come back when everyone had PPE. Just waiting for them to be desperate enough. At least it'll be safe when nobody is left. I'll be happy to come in, then. They've been actively discouraging people wearing PPE to work but there's like 5% of management now and they're all on short shifts.

...almost as if it's dangerous to have people clustered together in small quarters for extended periods of time.

JustDeliverIt

Retribution? For contracting a disease there is no vaccine for and once your back you have antibodies to protect yourself? Not saying you're immune but come on.

I would want to know so that I could make sure the area the employee has been in has been properly cleaned and would involve the union if necessary. I'm not taking any unnecessary risks. The company doesn't give a crap about any of it's employees, just bottom line. It's up to each of us to look out for ourselves and one another.