Estar

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Definitely affects drivers. We have had this valet garbage for about 3 months now. Different start times every day along with different sort positions. You can be on the belt scanning, splitting, loading or on the doc sort and even the cans. Seniority means nothing to valet, 25+ Year employees in the cans. Everyone hates it.
Yeah I remember reading in the employee handbook that you shouldn't have to do sort functions that you don't like. Page 32. Maybe 33. But yeah, no one should have to do stuff they don't like. That's no way to run a business.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
My manager has been taking the Valet training the past couple of weeks. We're a smaller station so this likely won't be used at all. We don't pay attention to our assigned positions as it is right now. There is almost no chance we are going to follow whatever Valet tells us we are supposed to do. In small stations management is going to want to do everything they can to keep from upsetting the boat so things get done rather than play musical chairs with sort positions.
Small stations will (probably) be targeted with a bullseye. Should be anyway.

Guitarman01

Yeah I remember reading in the employee handbook that you shouldn't have to do sort functions that you don't like. Page 32. Maybe 33. But yeah, no one should have to do stuff they don't like. That's no way to run a business.
I don't think you are seeing the forest for the trees. What makes driving easier for 20 plus years is routine. FedEx could possibly be taking away that aspect from start to finish. Anyone with half a brain would say to themselves this for 20+ years? I would need my head checked. Even swing drivers get used to the other routes and sort positions. There will be no set path with estar and with random step raises they might as well start advertising criminal backgrounds welcome.

DeliveryException

Not only that, but some people are just better/faster than others while doing things like primary and secondary docs.
I know it's not rocket science, but it is what it is and when there are slow people doing docs, sort times end later than they should. Offloading cans anyone can do. Valet had people loading trucks not even in their loop sometimes even a different belt altogether, it's very inefficient. I suppose morning meetings won't happen anymore either. You can't really have one every 10 minutes.

Estar was "meh, whatever." I had 5 or 10 from other loops above or below mine. It was mostly still the same area.

Buhryein

Actually my station managers are pretty good about this... you don't wanna offload no problem theyll just have you punch in at 8:45 instead of 6:45 lol

Buhryein

My manager has been taking the Valet training the past couple of weeks. We're a smaller station so this likely won't be used at all. We don't pay attention to our assigned positions as it is right now. There is almost no chance we are going to follow whatever Valet tells us we are supposed to do. In small stations management is going to want to do everything they can to keep from upsetting the boat so things get done rather than play musical chairs with sort positions.
I wouldn't be so sure that your station is safe indefinitely regardless of how efficient or inefficient it is.

El Morado Diablo

Small stations will (probably) be targeted with a bullseye. Should be anyway.

If one of the main purposes of Valet is to assign sort positions and start times it will have no effect at my location. We all start at the same time. As someone else mentioned, moving people around in the sort positions is very inefficient. There are some positions like the doc sort that you're better off having people with more on-the-job experience than others. There is a reason why new people start off unloading cans. This is why I said our station would probably pretend to follow it.

zeev

Purpose of Valet is to make life uncomfortable so employees leave, they have already said Express days are numbered.

Gone fishin

Purpose of Valet is to make life uncomfortable so employees leave, they have already said Express days are numbered.
I really can’t find a way for express drivers to even be touched. I thought they were thinking maybe they could do it at first , but now I think they know it’s next to impossible.

FedupExpress

I really can’t find a way for express drivers to even be touched. I thought they were thinking maybe they could do it at first , but now I think they know it’s next to impossible.
Do you mean Express will remain in it's current form indefinitely? I don't see why, express seems to be costing the company the most money no?

Gone fishin

Do you mean Express will remain in it's current form indefinitely? I don't see why, express seems to be costing the company the most money no?
It’s reality , you have to pay employees. No longer are people working for ham sandwiches like ground drivers are in 2023. I think they are or will discover that. We can’t keep express stations fully staffed , why would people work at ground

AB831

It’s reality , you have to pay employees. No longer are people working for ham sandwiches like ground drivers are in 2023. I think they are or will discover that. We can’t keep express stations fully staffed , why would people work at ground
You have to consider that the people in charge of this decision haven’t made a good Decision in the twenty first century

It will be fine

There are far more Ground drivers than Express drivers, so your argument doesn’t really hold up to reality.

Gone fishin

There are far more Ground drivers than Express drivers, so your argument doesn’t really hold up to reality.
It holds up quite well , don’t start with ground is overflowing with drivers and handlers. Ours is certainly not , in fact they have drivers from other states that were supposed to help catch them up and have been here 2 months.

Gone fishin

Think about this , if a station had a 150 rts and contrary to popular believe we fill most our 900’s , 650’s and sprinters with boxes. That being said , let’s take a high number that works for ground more than express by saying you can merge 70 rts into ground trucks. That leaves ground with the need for at least 45- 50 trucks that needs drivers and at least double your handlers.
Sounds like a daunting task , no ?