Estimate Calculator

upsworm

Has anyone checked the estimate calculator recently? It appears it isn't working correctly. My estimates are not based upon my weeks worked under the Service Pension Credit.

oldngray

nowhere special
Has anyone checked the estimate calculator recently? It appears it isn't working correctly. My estimates are not based upon my weeks worked under the Service Pension Credit.

It never worked well, especially with years of service calculations. Only an estimate. It is usually in the ballpark though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our annual pension statements are all based on hours worked, with a minimum 1000 hours needed for a year of FT pension credit. I personally feel that number is way too low and should be at least 1800---this could cut down on the number of dead days drivers take.

I realize that but our pensions are based on hours worked up to 2080 per year.

Not here.
Thats why we have a case going to the panel. we have a small amount of our pay,going Into the pension.

Not our choice (pension reform act). thats fine I can live with that. but we are getting screwed on the overtime money.

The company keeps that.

[quote="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1410907, member: 12570"If overtime hours counted for pension and benefits you would see a sharp decrease in the amount worked.[/quote]
I respectfully disagree. The last thing UPS would do,is hire more people.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our pension credits all hours worked up to 2080. So many don't get any contributions in nov/dec.

This is only partially correct, although the math works out the same either way.

Pension contributions are made only the first 40 hours per week up to 52 weeks per year, hence the 2080. OT hours do not count so you are incorrect in that many don't get any contributions during Peak.

This is only partially correct, although the math works out the same either way.

Pension contributions are made only the first 40 hours per week up to 52 weeks per year, hence the 2080. OT hours do not count so you are incorrect in that many don't get any contributions during Peak.
We have had guys,that took too many calls. and did not get full credit.

They will be sorry later.