Examples of Politicians who say stupid things

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
Gov. Matt Bevin: Kentucky teacher sickouts caused a 7-year-old to be shot

One thing you almost didn't hear anything about while we had people pretending to be sick when they weren't sick and leaving kids unattended to or in situations that they should not have been in — a little girl was shot, 7 years old, by another kid," he said.
"Because they were somewhere that they weren't intended and because a parent didn't have any option, put them in a situation so that they could go to work, it left these kids in a compromised situation where they encountered a gun and there was not enough awareness."

Rutherford B Hays

South Carolina mayor suspects ‘yellow sticky substance’ on her car was sprayed by vandals, not a pollen cloud

U.S.
S.C. MAYOR SAYS ‘YELLOW STICKY SUBSTANCE’ ON HER CAR WAS SPRAYED BY VANDALS, POLICE SAY IT’S JUST POLLEN
BY M.L. NESTEL ON 3/1/19 AT 4:07 PM EST

Current Time?0:34
Duration?1:05
Loaded: 0.00%

SD
Who Is Tabitha King, Stephen King's Author Wife?
U.S.
The mayor of a South Carolina town believed she was the target of a hate crime after cars belonging to her and her husband were dusted with a mysterious, “yellow, sticky substance.”

Local and state police investigated the claims made by Lamar Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson, who reported that on February 7 at 10 p.m. local time, someone sprayed her 2017 Symphony Silver Hyundai Elantra Sport and her husband’s soft-top 1998 Buick Roadmaster with a residue outside of their home.

The material, she remembered, “got in all of the grooves” of her husband’s gray sedan.

The mayor had recently returned to her home from a meeting in the larger city of Hartsville, about 22 miles north of Lamar.

“My husband went out to the car to get some things out of the garage,” she told Newsweek. “He says, ‘Somebody’s painted your car!’”

lamar-mayor-hate-crime.jpg
South Carolina local and state police investigated the claims made by Lamar Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson, who reported that on February 7, someone sprayed her 2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport and her husband’s1998 Buick Roadmaster with a mysterious, “yellow, sticky” residue outside of their home.LAMAR MAYOR DARNELL BYRD MCPHERSON

She recalled that the couple’s neighbor, who had stopped by in his van to pick up some laundry, also chimed in.

“Darnell, there’s something on your car,” she remembered him saying. “They started rubbing it, and it was this yellow, sticky substance. So it was like, What is this?”

She said her husband and the neighbor “started scraping all over” their cars to rid what she described as a “grainy substance” akin to industrial spray foam used to patch concrete.

“It looked like little pebbles,” she added.

Setting in was the deafening fear of an attack.

“I likened it as a hate crime because No. 1, there’s a history in our town of Lamar,” the volunteer mayor of the town with approximately 980 constituents, said.

map-lamar-south-carolina.png
Lamar, South Carolina, has a population of 977, according to the U.S. Census. In the 1970s, racist acts were not uncommon in Lamar, where the mayor said burning crosses was once a pastime.GOOGLE MAPS

In the 1970s, racist acts were not uncommon in Lamar, where the mayor said burning crosses was once a pastime.

According to a New York Times article dated March 4, 1970, an estimated 200 vigilante white men wielding ax handles, chains and stones—charged three school buses carrying black children, and prevented them from heading to attend newly segregated schools. Many of the kids were injured by smashed bus window glass.

Once the buses were emptied, the mob tipped two of them over before state police were able to restore order.

“If the safety of our children is not sacred to all men, then the entire process of law and government is meaningless,” Governor Robert E. McNair declared afterward.

The memories of the past were front and center for Mayor McPherson upon seeing her car defaced.

“It ignited some fear in my spirit,” she said. “My God, who would do that?

“It was something; it was just unnerving to me.”

mayor-hate-crime.jpg
In the incident report obtained by Newsweek, Lamar Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson’s husband asked her, “Where did you go today? The car is covered in paint.”LAMAR MAYOR DARNELL BYRD MCPHERSON

In the incident report obtained by Newsweek, her husband asked her, "Where did you go today? The car is covered in paint."

The report went on to detail how the mayor and her husband streaked a finger over the tarnished parts surfacing the car and "realized it was not paint and that the substance could be removed with a finger; similar to pollen."

She explained in the interview with Newsweekthat there were no words or symbols drawn on the cars. The cars were parked in the street near the end of the couple's driveway, a block and a half from Lamar’s downtown.

“To me that was the message,” she said.

mayormcpherson.jpg
Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson, of Lamar, South Carolina, claims her Hyundai and her husband’s Buick were sprayed with a strange residue by a “disgruntled person.” Authorities, however, doubted a crime had occurred and claimed the substance was actually pollen. FACEBOOK

The mayor says she has lived and traveled throughout the Southeast and calls herself a “peacemaker.”

“It’s not like I just grew up in this community and don’t have any experience,” she stated.

She has served as Lamar’s volunteer mayor for one year while working full-time as the Executive Director of the Darlington County First Steps, which serves to strengthen families through education.

The mayor is hard-pressed to understand why she was targeted.

“I have a good reputation,” she said. I have never been subjected to something like this.”

Both cars were rigorously cleaned the day after the incident, and therefore a sample of the substance, whatever it was, wasn’t preserved.

“The substance wasn’t saved and the cars were actually cleaned—pressure-washed twice—there was no substance, and so they didn’t have it for the investigation,” argued McPherson.

Darlington County Sheriff’s Office Lieutenant Robby Kilgo explained that an investigation was opened to determine what the substance was on both cars.

“We found it to be pollen,” Kilgo explained in an interview with Newsweek. “There was no reason for us to collect a sample.”

The report that was taken included details of an examination by two sheriff's officials (a sergeant and a deputy) "immediately came to the conclusion that the substance had a yellowish tint to it and that it's a type of powder similar to pollen."

Though the possibility was raised that the car’s mysterious coating could have been pollen and not the result of foul play, McPherson remained convinced someone was behind it.

"It's something," she said. "Something that's sticky that's stuck to my car and took two different solutions to get it off."

floridays

Gov. Matt Bevin: Kentucky teacher sickouts caused a 7-year-old to be shot

One thing you almost didn't hear anything about while we had people pretending to be sick when they weren't sick and leaving kids unattended to or in situations that they should not have been in — a little girl was shot, 7 years old, by another kid," he said.
"Because they were somewhere that they weren't intended and because a parent didn't have any option, put them in a situation so that they could go to work, it left these kids in a compromised situation where they encountered a gun and there was not enough awareness."

I read the article, your portrayal is disingenuous.
Basically, I just called you
bsbullf.gif

floridays

Maybe not on your part by design. You began the thread, the title to the story was misleading. If one takes the time to read the article it does not line up with the premise of the tread you birthed. That's all.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

El Correcto

god is dead
“I was exhausted and in a state of shock. I recall walking back to where my friends were eating. There was a car parked in front of the cottage and I climbed into the backseat. I then asked for someone to bring me back to Edgartown. I remember walking around for a period and then going back to my hotel room. When I fully realized what had happened this morning, I immediately contacted the police.”

Chappaquiddick incident - Wikipedia
The lion of the senate explaining why he left his lady friend to die at the bottom of a lake.

Rutherford B Hays

Maybe not on your part by design. You began the thread, the title to the story was misleading. If one takes the time to read the article it does not line up with the premise of the tread you birthed. That's all.
It's not the first time this guy has tried to blame his fight with teachers leading to something idiotic.
Last time it was children being sexually abused because they were protesting

floridays

It's not the first time this guy has tried to blame his fight with teachers leading to something idiotic.
Last time it was children being sexually abused because they were protesting
I see, you were being deceptive.
You are new here, I'm happy to tell you as well, I'm smarter than you. I understand your type.