Excessive Overtime the new normal

Just out of curiosity, since some people were talking about scanners. Is it the WT4000? I remember using that at my prev job (order selector), however after seeing how many packages the package handlers have to deal with, I can't imagine wearing one of those. :censored2:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Just out of curiosity, since some people were talking about scanners. Is it the WT4000? I remember using that at my prev job (order selector), however after seeing how many packages the package handlers have to deal with, I can't imagine wearing one of those. :censored2:

They certainly are. (At least at my center.)
Add in ancient batteries that fail randomly throughout the day, and you've got a recipe for a 70% scan rate.

I will give them that it reduces misloads. But it slows you down something awful.
We were promised that it would add "only" 0.7 seconds per piece. I'd guess more like 5 in real life use.

They certainly are. (At least at my center.)
Add in ancient batteries that fail randomly throughout the day, and you've got a recipe for a 70% scan rate.

Ha, so true! One big issue I had with them is your sweat (even if you are wearing a sleeve), will cause the gun to slide down overtime and start jamming into your wrist. To the point where it's not painful enough to stop and re-adjust, but painful enough to be annoying as hell. Then the finger velcro strap slides off every now and then. At our warehouse, it would also disconnect in certain aisles (dead zones), and re-connecting would take ages :S

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Every day the start and end time varies. Doubtful that you will consistently be off by 9am to pursue other work etc. Especially as a new hire the likelihood is you’ll be one of the last to be cut for the day as it’s usually the new folks that get stuck waiting for late air etc. They will not “stick to 4-8” schedule. We check the Facebook page for our building daily for the start time- and end time is just “until completion” or until enough drivers come in and we get sent home. Expect times ranging from 2am-10am honestly depending on your building. Peak I hear can be 9 hours a day.. good luck

How do you know when to come to work if you don’t have a Facebook?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!

I refuse to own a cell phone. Never been on any type of social media. Center management finally got tired of not being able to talk to me when they wanted and gave me a center cell phone to carry my last three years. No kidding......

You realize this is social media
Don’t you
5xtDarC0XyqmUhD5eDK.gif

Jstpeachy

Honestly I don’t know. They tell everyone they need to have it. Sometimes start time isn’t posted until 5:00pm. It’s crazy. In rare cases it’s written in chalk in the building on the floor but hardly ever for weekdays. And if used to be predictable (wed always 2:30 for example)- but lately it’s all over the place. 4:40, 4:15, 5:15 lol idk

542thruNthru

Honestly I don’t know. They tell everyone they need to have it. Sometimes start time isn’t posted until 5:00pm. It’s crazy. In rare cases it’s written in chalk in the building on the floor but hardly ever for weekdays. And if used to be predictable (wed always 2:30 for example)- but lately it’s all over the place. 4:40, 4:15, 5:15 lol idk

I don't know where you are but I'm sure your contract has language about posted start times. I doubt it says "must check Facebook".

Here if the start times are not posted you can not be disciplined for being late. I'd show up everyday 15 min late just to prove a point.

Jstpeachy

I don't know where you are but I'm sure your contract has language about posted start times. I doubt it says "must check Facebook".

Here if the start times are not posted you can not be disciplined for being late. I'd show up everyday 15 min late just to prove a point.

Southern supplement...