Excessive Overtime the new normal

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Less than a second huh. Most scanning interferes with building a carry, interferes with transporting them between cars. What time is lost? if methods were changed to take advantage of having both hands free. I can already say for certain the IE methods for building an optimum carry do not work with scanners and sharpies. Even a lazy """ will lose 5 seconds with these two tools combined. Even more if the suspect in question mastered prelo
well that’s nice but you’re wrong because i’ve done it and i’ve seen dozens and dozens of supervisors and loaders do it firsthand

the only people who struggle are the ones who had dog:censored2: load methods to begin with

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
well that’s nice but you’re wrong because i’ve done it and i’ve seen dozens and dozens of supervisors and loaders do it firsthand

the only people who struggle are the ones who had dog:censored2: load methods to begin with
If a guy loads 1000 pkgs you added about 17 minutes but I'm sure the preload starts 17 minutes early to make up for it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
If a guy loads 1000 pkgs you added about 17 minutes but I'm sure the preload starts 17 minutes early to make up for it.
depends on their utilization beforehand

sometimes we swap up the lineup, sometimes we add a person somewhere, sometimes they were all underutilized and we do nothing

Superteeth2478

depends on their utilization beforehand

sometimes we swap up the lineup, sometimes we add a person somewhere, sometimes they were all underutilized and we do nothing
Or if you're my preload, you do stupid things like start at 4:45AM on Thursday, see a humongous dumpster fire from starting so late with missing Memorial Day volume, know that a lot of the forecasted volume for that Thursday didn't show up on that Thursday and there was still a disaster on the preload with drivers leaving at 9:30-9:45AM, and then start at EXACTLY THE SAME START TIME of 4:45AM the next day because you just really need the drivers to leave at 10:00AM at the earliest and 10:15AM at the latest!

True story. That was last week. Can you explain this nonsense, TearsInRain? It boggled my mind when I found out that management knew we were missing volume on Thursday and proceeded to start at the exact same time the next day. And that on top of having added the scanning mess only about 2 weeks prior...

Last edited:

Jstpeachy

They just recently got us these scans by preload. I wasn't worried I don't smoke boxes.

Yet here we are and I've got mngmt down my neck claiming preload scanned a box on my truck that I didn't deliver. No. It was not on my truck. I don't smoke boxes I never have. I run my misload or I call the guy and we find a way to meet for fifteen seconds as I run him or he runs me the boxes.

And hey, here we are. Somehow preload supposedly scanned boxes on my truck that were not on my truck.

Center manager threatening me like lel dude back off :censored2:. You've been here three months I've been here half my adult life. How's your divorce? How's the kids? Oh wait

At least the sups get it. But then they've done the job. And they know there's no way I'm going to risk my career to steal a box of :censored2: windshield wipers

What I want to know is if preload scanned that box on my truck then where the FK did that box go?! Cause it was not on my truck.

We are told to scan every box as it comes down the belt, whether it’s getting stacked out, or it’s bulk/irreg going under belt or behind car,going on truck, etc. The point of scanning is supposedly to reduce/eliminate misloads but if it’s not going on the truck right that second, plenty can happen by the time it comes to load up bulk or clean up stack outs. So the pkg shows scanned but wasn’t actually in the truck- makes sense to me how that could happen.

Utility81

Everyone says that but soon as the ot is taken away, these tough guys whine like a little buddy*. It is the rare person that can live on 8 hours.
I’m not a super rare person. I drive a 12 year old paid off Toyota. I strive to make less a year to get in a lower tax bracket. Made $93k last year. Oh well, there’s always this year.

KoennenTiger

We are told to scan every box as it comes down the belt, whether it’s getting stacked out, or it’s bulk/irreg going under belt or behind car,going on truck, etc. The point of scanning is supposedly to reduce/eliminate misloads but if it’s not going on the truck right that second, plenty can happen by the time it comes to load up bulk or clean up stack outs. So the pkg shows scanned but wasn’t actually in the truck- makes sense to me how that could happen.

Turns out the box was damaged and sheeted as a damaged box. Of course my center manager didn't apologize. Cause yeah I'm really going to steal a pair of windshield wipers so I can lose the career I've put my entire life into....

Jstpeachy

Turns out the box was damaged and sheeted as a damaged box. Of course my center manager didn't apologize. Cause yeah I'm really going to steal a pair of windshield wipers so I can lose the career I've put my entire life into....

Ah yep, sometimes it’s scanned then we see the damage. Another good example. At least they found it. I’ve only been here a month but no apology seems about right from all I’ve seen so far lol.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Or if you're my preload, you do stupid things like start at 4:45AM on Thursday, see a humongous dumpster fire from starting so late with missing Memorial Day volume, know that a lot of the forecasted volume for that Thursday didn't show up on that Thursday and there was still a disaster on the preload with drivers leaving at 9:30-9:45AM, and then start at EXACTLY THE SAME START TIME of 4:45AM the next day because you just really need the drivers to leave at 10:00AM at the earliest and 10:15AM at the latest!

True story. That was last week. Can you explain this nonsense, TearsInRain? It boggled my mind when I found out that management knew we were missing volume on Thursday and proceeded to start at the exact same time the next day. And that on top of having added the scanning mess only about 2 weeks prior...
24 hour notice my dude

i'd probably still try to start early and see who showed, but every manager is different

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Oh, if only I could get SOME overtime! Used to be weekends whenever I wanted here in Louisville but not anymore. They'd rather struggle to get planes worked than pay a 6th or 7th day. Sad times here.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The preload scanners have the ability to sheet packages inside for clerk work etc. I just don't know how to do it since the apps are intentionally vague.

This is how our old sup EC'd several boxes inside while during the christmas catastrope 2017.

Last edited:

Superteeth2478

24 hour notice my dude

i'd probably still try to start early and see who showed, but every manager is different
I know the building management doesn't care about the 24-hour notice. They change the start time sometimes within an hour after the shift ends. And oftentimes fail to get the message out to everyone.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I know the building management doesn't care about the 24-hour notice. They change the start time sometimes within an hour after the shift ends. And oftentimes fail to get the message out to everyone.
I have had to create a second page of reports for whenever the inside timecard system is updated to show me as late. I play the game and show up early within reason but I don't get texts and sure as hell won't bother showing up with the usual 15-minute buffer. After all, no discipline can be dished out for changes to the weekly schedule here. Otherwise it would degrade the whole purpose of having a "consistent weekly schedule" to begin with.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have had to create a second page of reports for whenever the inside timecard system is updated to show me as late. I play the game and show up early within reason but I don't get texts and sure as hell won't bother showing up with the usual 15-minute buffer. After all, no discipline can be dished out for changes to the weekly schedule here. Otherwise it would degrade the whole purpose of having a "consistent weekly schedule" to begin with.
Yeah, I have no idea what they are talking about. Here they must post the schedule one week in advance. 24 hour notice? No thx

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They do ship a lot and they are a bulk stop.

But seriously way to go center mngmt ignore my years and years of solid service (again) and you come accuse me of theft? To what? Steal some windshield wipers?!!!!!!!

Yes if I was going to turn into a worthless thief and ruin my entire life that's what I'd steal.

But yeah you know the guy who does their PU does not scratch the old labels. I've had this problem before. Now how to cover my ass while pot head route next door doesn't carry a sharpie and pick up clean boxes....

Not that I don't not like you dude. But seriously, pick up clean boxes.

Yea, they are not kind..Or politically correct, I think they learn that right after the lobotomy