Excused absense

What is considered an excused absense?

I am a M-friend RPCD, currently being forced T-S (not due to peak), they had until November to move us back. There is a current grievance that is projected to lose at the state panel (even though the language is clear). They are breaking the contract week after week.

I plan on calling in every Saturday but need to have them excused absenses so I don't get fired.

FYI, my family life is more important than working on what's supposed to be my day off for all the ones who are going to cry about this post.

Brownsocks

Just a dog

I am a M-friend RPCD, currently being forced T-S (not due to peak), they had until November to move us back. There is a current grievance that is projected to lose at the state panel (even though the language is clear). They are breaking the contract week after week.

I plan on calling in every Saturday but need to have them excused absenses so I don't get fired.

FYI, my family life is more important than working on what's supposed to be my day off for all the ones who are going to cry about this post.
You're not alone, but most of us keep getting up and going in because that is best for the long term future of our families.
There is no punishment in the contract for not making us M-friend, but I think we should all be there sometime next year.
The last 6 months my center ask the M-friend guys to volunteer on Sat every week. They also ask the Tue-Sat guys to volunteer for Monday every week. We have guys retiring and no one filling their spots and that can't continue to happen indefinitely.
FYI: Been doing Saturdays for almost 4 years and it sucks, but the alternative is to call in every Sat and lose my job. That is not an option.

M

MenInBrown

Attachments

• 4FADCAD7-052C-4243-9C75-59E04F66D362.jpeg
    4FADCAD7-052C-4243-9C75-59E04F66D362.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 101

You could be spending a lot of time with your family after they fire you for attendance

Brownsocks

Just a dog
6.3.1 sounds good until you start seeing your ORS and Center Manager following you around in their Nissan just waiting for you to :censored2: up.

Nah
6.3.1 sounds good until you start seeing your ORS and Center Manager following you around in their Nissan just waiting for you to * up.
Aren't we trained to watch for people following us? I've known drivers who have called the police when they saw that happening.

SandSpida

I have no problem helping out when they are in a jam. We can agree that we all know this is our busy time and should expect an “all hands on deck“ urgency. With that being said, the 6 day punch is pretty much a bail out to the unpreparedness of management and higher ups for not staffing properly. If they are going to expect us to come in 6 days a week during this time of the year then maybe we should be rewarded with more personal days during the year? I agree with TheBrownBand, I would rather be with family on the weekends. Not everyone is in the same situation at this job. Some of us have 2 incomes for our house, so a driver might not need to make a $100K to survive. Some drivers might have kids with issues and that puts a huge strain on the spouse to deal with for 6 days a week with no help. I know drivers who are in no rush to get home and don’t see there kids all week long. Before we assume everyone is in the same boat, take a second to think that there are other factors into choosing why we all do this job. As Forrest Gump would say, “and that’s all I got to say about that”.

542thruNthru

This will be pretty hard win in my opinion. If he was working 5 days and being forced to come in a 6th I would agree but he's T-S. He's working 4 days and calling out every Saturday.

542thruNthru

I believe the only excused absence would be disability or FMLA.

Go to your doctor. Tell them you're having some kind of medical issue that makes it very hard to go to work some days and it could get you fired for attendance issues. Then use FMLA every Saturday.

Though personally I think you need to just show up to work.