Excused absense

542thruNthru

But he said he didn't change his shift voluntarily, he was forced.
Yes but the regulation that was posted was for driver fatigue. Working 4 days and calling out every 5th day stating fatigue is probably not going to work out too well.

Also he better be clean as a whistle because UPS may try and fitness for duty test.

rod

Retired 22 years
What is considered an excused absense?

I am a M-friend RPCD, currently being forced T-S (not due to peak), they had until November to move us back. There is a current grievance that is projected to lose at the state panel (even though the language is clear). They are breaking the contract week after week.

I plan on calling in every Saturday but need to have them excused absenses so I don't get fired.

FYI, my family life is more important than working on what's supposed to be my day off for all the ones who are going to cry about this post.
1. What is so special about Saturday? Don't you have Sun and Mon off?
2. Your family would rather see the money than you at this time in your life.
3. If you were switched to T-S consider yourself lucky. There are many without jobs now.
4. You will probably be laid off after peak for awhile so enjoy the money for now.

Hope that helps.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Unless they need people.
honestly I don't know how this company gets away with some of the stuff that it does.
They've been forcing the younger drivers to work 6 days a week for most of the year
Well you and I both know how.

Weak contract and a weak union behind it.

We’ve been told over and over that the #1 issue for drivers last contract was working Saturday. That’s why they had to come up with 22.4.....it’s fixed nothing but gave the company cheaper labor.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
giphy.gif

542thruNthru

the contract clearly states they won’t be T-S after 18 months also right?
Not necessarily. The contract says that the union and the company commit to protecting RPCDs from working a T-S schedule..

The same article also says that a 22.4 can not be working if a RPCD is laid off.

If no 22.4s are working in the building than I would have to say that yes your schedule can be changed to a T-S in lieu of being laid off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We're working Sat after Xmas and being told probably till Feb. UPS put so many companies on a cap that we'll be delivering it all in January is what I'm being told.
the cap should have clearly been much higher here. Saturday’s are leaving us light as hell.

Unless I guess the hubs just can’t get stuff processed