Excused absense

What'dyabringmetoday???

Who do you think does the work on Saturdays, during an organizing campaign ?

Or, a monthly membership meeting on a Sunday morning ?

When do the "elected leaders" ever get overtime ?

Stop reading the TDU website.

This is the 1st time, you have ever acknowledged that.

Being elected into office is not an appointment for life.

If you think you can make a difference, go for it.

Recently, there have been 2 "well known" members of BrownCafe elected into office in their Local

We talk on a random basis, just to network and discuss "war stories".

Both will tell you.... it's not as easy as it seems.

-Bug-
I don't read TDU website. Thank you for all that weekend work you put in. But really- don't pretend you folks are working all that hard. And you pay yourselves enough that you shouldn't need overtime. You have your view so I can have mine.

Rarefish383

I kind of read through fast and didn't see an actual answer to your question. Not trying to sound like a smart :censored2:, an Excused Absence is pretty much what it sounds like. Holliday, vacation, optional, if you ask for an unpaid day off and the manager says sure, we have extras, take off, are excused. Having an excuse does not make it excused. Stubbed toe is not. One of the simplest traps people with attendance problem would get caught in was, they call in sick and then say, but don't pay me for it. Then when their attendance gets so bad they are looking at a suspension or worse, they call in and say "I'm sick, and pay me a sick day." Then sitting in the grievance hearing they say, "I used a sick Day." A sick day is a "paid for day", so you don't suffer financial distress by getting sick, but it is not an excused absence. As the VP of our local used to say, "If you want to play games with them, understand this, you can win 100 times and come back to play some more. If they win once, game over." For those that think a sick day is excused, they may not use that day in the record of your attendance, but if you have really bad attendance, they can use it to show a pattern.

Rarefish383

I dropped a dime the Mon, Tue, and Wed before Thanksgiving one time to go hunting. My manager was a big hunter and new what I did. If you call in before a holiday they don't have to pay you for the holiday. When I came in the following Monday I walked in the office, not with an attitude, and asked if I needed a doctors note to get my holiday pay. He said, "No, and please don't do that ever again. If you feel you have to, at least let me know before you leave on Friday." It was never mentioned again. From that point on I save 3 optional's for those three days the rest of my career.

All I get out of this is most of you don't care that the company is :censored2:ing over fellow teamster brothers and sisters. The contract is clear as day we are protected from a Saturday schedule after Oct 15. It does state that they can adjust it if our center has 25% 22.4 and need more help. But our center has 120 drivers and only 11 are 22.4.