Excused absense

1. What is so special about Saturday? Don't you have Sun and Mon off?
2. Your family would rather see the money than you at this time in your life.
3. If you were switched to T-S consider yourself lucky. There are many without jobs now.
4. You will probably be laid off after peak for awhile so enjoy the money for now.

1. What is so special about Saturday? Don't you have Sun and Mon off?
2. Your family would rather see the money than you at this time in your life.
3. If you were switched to T-S consider yourself lucky. There are many without jobs now.
4. You will probably be laid off after peak for awhile so enjoy the money for now.

Hope that helps.
This comment is a joke. I dont NEED the money. I WILL NOT be laid off as I am a 2 year driver.

Saturday and Sunday is my weekend.

Keep backing this company that :censored2:s its employees over and breaks the contract. 🤡

WTFm8

We have way more Saturday routes than we do 22.4 drivers.

Sounds like my center. 30-50% more Saturday routes then 22.4 drivers.

Months on end of non-bid routes running Tues-Fri and being cut Mondays... because excess volume is ran Saturdays. Union won’t do anything, multiple drivers have complained.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Sounds like my center. 30-50% more Saturday routes then 22.4 drivers.

Months on end of non-bid routes running Tues-Fri and being cut Mondays... because excess volume is ran Saturdays. Union won’t do anything, multiple drivers have complained.
I work every Saturday and ignore ORS calls to work every Monday (outside peak). If every driver in my building did the same UPS would be forced to fill the M-friend positions left vacant by retirements.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But the contract clearly states they won’t be T-S after 18 months also right?

Didn't you read what you voted on ?

Well you and I both know how.

Weak contract and a weak union behind it.

The members are the Union. So in essence, you are right. They are weak.

Over half couldn't even bother to vote on the contract.

What you think the National negotiating committee's reaction was, when only 22% voted in the strike authorization ?

It was "Oh smilet".

Only a small percentage of people even cared.... and the rest certainly wouldn't have honored a strike line.

That's just the reality of it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Didn't you read what you voted on ?

The members are the Union. So in essence, you are right. They are weak.

Over half couldn't even bother to vote on the contract.

What you think the National negotiating committee's reaction was, when only 22% voted in the strike authorization ?

It was "Oh smilet".

Only a small percentage of people even cared.... and the rest certainly wouldn't have honored a strike line.

That's just the reality of it.
Actually, their reaction was, "Screw it- we don't have to work Saturday. Who cares if UPS people do? They can work the holidays that we don't have to work also. Let's give ourselves a raise and blame them". If you would just admit some of the crap the "elected leaders" pull perhaps more people will admit there is apathy among the rank-and-file.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that there is low participation. Perhaps you fellas might try to figure out that some of the blame is on....wait for it- the union. When things keep goIng backwards people kind of give up. But maybe you are right- the "elected leaders" are perfect and we are all bad.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Actually, their reaction was, "Screw it- we don't have to work Saturday. Who cares if UPS people do?

Who do you think does the work on Saturdays, during an organizing campaign ?

Or, a monthly membership meeting on a Sunday morning ?

When do the "elected leaders" ever get overtime ?

If you would just admit some of the crap the "elected leaders" pull perhaps more people will admit there is apathy among the rank-and-file.

Stop reading the TDU website.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that there is low participation.

This is the 1st time, you have ever acknowledged that.

Perhaps you fellas might try to figure out that some of the blame is on....wait for it- the union.

Being elected into office is not an appointment for life.

If you think you can make a difference, go for it.

Recently, there have been 2 "well known" members of BrownCafe elected into office in their Local

We talk on a random basis, just to network and discuss "war stories".

Both will tell you.... it's not as easy as it seems.

-Bug-