Exercise Your Rights

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I know that there's management on here but i don't give two :censored2:s. If you are a Teamster and you are approached by management because they need to talk to you or want you to answer questions, invoke your Weingarten Rights. Don't know what they are, message me or ask your shop steward. Management are not your friends. You are part of a Union for a reason. ✊🏾 #TeamstersStrong
good solid advice that can save your job.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
not true grasshopper.
BFC86FD9-3396-478C-B9B9-817890FC9CD2.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If anyone’s getting fired its the full-time on road supervisors...complete waste of UPS resources. HIRE DRIVERS
✊🧔
I always looked forward to my yearly ridealongs. a good way to stay sharp. many times over the course of a year you may slack off over time and get into some bad habits.

ride alongs helped in this manner.

we had some excellent on road supes and some terrible ones that did too much harassing so I do agree with some of you say .
But overall I think they are good....

freehoodies

I agree, and I really appreciate your attitude, but you have to be willing to face discipline for insubordination if you choose to go that route.
Well theres a -100% chance im taking the clotshot so no use in worrying about it.

Im not some pusillanimous who will let a company :censored2: me up the ass for “muh pension”.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I always looked forward to my yearly ridealongs. a good way to stay sharp. many times over the course of a year you may slack off over time and get into some bad habits.

we had some excellent on road supes and some terrible ones that did too much harassing so I do agree with some of you say .
I agree when they did ride alongs and remained productive they were needed. However since you retired and due to “covid” they don’t do ride alongs ,they do not train. They go home at 2pm , we have GPS now so really them riding with me is pointless. My on road supe isn’t going to tell me something that I don’t know about my route..

HIRE DRIVERS NOT DUM DUMS
✊🧔

Was you a male or female when you had those ride alongs?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I agree when they did ride alongs and remained productive they were needed. However since you retired and due to “covid” they don’t do ride alongs ,they do not train. They go home at 2pm , we have GPS now so really them riding with me is pointless. My on road supe isn’t going to tell me something that I don’t know about my route..

HIRE DRIVERS NOT DUM DUMS
✊🧔
Perhaps you are right. I have been gone 6 years. We had a mentor program that I was part of. Using experienced safe feeder drivers to go on ride a longs with new drivers that had an accident within first 90 days. One day was with an on road supe and then 2 days with 2 different veteran feeder drivers.

I thought this was an excellent idea and really enjoyed doing this for the new guys. We knew all the tricks of the trade and the special knowledge that comes from experience than the on roads that only had some training in Chicago and no actual on job experience.

Most of the drivers told me they learned more in one day with me than their 2 week feeder training and their actual driving experiences.
They probably discontinued it. IDK.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Well theres a -100% chance im taking the clotshot so no use in worrying about it.

Im not some pusillanimous who will let a company :censored2: me up the ass for “muh pension”.

Love the attitude. I will let them fire me rather than discuss my private medical decisions with them. I'm guessing that's the connection between your post and what I wrote.

542thruNthru

I was talking about a defiant steward. It's not like management cares about or follows the contract anyway, why should we accept the hindrance if they don't?
Because double standards. Hence the saying "work first file later." You can be a defiant steward by filing grievances and encourage other members to do the same all while smiling in managements face.

My only point was if you're going to give advice make sure it's clear advice. You're a steward so I'm sure you've seen members get in trouble plenty of times because of something someone told them.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Negative.

Don't run from nothin or nobody.

Knowing how to control the conversation is key.

They can approach and talk to me about anything they like.

I also can professionally and eloquently remind them that they are more than welcome to pucker their purty little mouths on the area mom used to whip me with that pleather belt.

Yes... This thread has potential.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Because double standards. Hence the saying "work first file later." You can be a defiant steward by filing grievances and encourage other members to do the same all while smiling in managements face.

My only point was if you're going to give advice make sure it's clear advice. You're a steward so I'm sure you've seen members get in trouble plenty of times because of something someone told them.

Been meaning to ask, why do we say to "work first, file later", but then tell people they can and should refuse to sign everything? If the answer is because the contract says we don't have to sign stuff (not entirely true) then why doesn't that apply to all situations when you are directed to do something in violation of the contract?