Exercise Your Rights

NYJetsfan87

Thanks, I have thought of it that way. It's still wrong. You can't think of any reason management would want to talk to you that doesn't involve discipline?
From my experience whenever management talks to you it’s some sort of indirect warning , training , etc that at some point can lead to discipline.

Seymour Packages

If you can get the panel at your reinstatement hearing to believe that, then roll with it.
The only time you are ever obligated to speak with management is via the DIAD if you are on road. Even then, if it starts to border on harassment, document it and hit them with the old Will Contact ASAP. If you must speak with them in the building, keep it brief and work related. Anything that can remotely be used against you, get your steward. These hyenas aren't your friends.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The only time you are ever obligated to speak with management is via the DIAD if you are on road. Even then, if it starts to border on harassment, document it and hit them with the old Will Contact ASAP. If you must speak with them in the building, keep it brief and work related. Anything that can remotely be used against you, get your steward. These hyenas aren't your friends.

I'm not sure why everyone feels the need to explain things I understand just fine. Let me ask, have you never had an on road do observations on you out on route, then come to talk to you about said observations? If you have, do you refuse to talk to them without a steward present?

Seymour Packages

I'm not sure why everyone feels the need to explain things I understand just fine. Let me ask, have you never had an on road do observations on you out on route, then come to talk to you about said observations? If you have, do you refuse to talk to them without a steward present?
They can talk. I will nod and acknowledge them. That's the extent of it. Anything further and I request my steward.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They can talk. I will nod and acknowledge them. That's the extent of it. Anything further and I request my steward.

I understand, I'm not happy with my management either, I don't want to be their buddy, and I know better how to do the job than they do. But I want people to be aware that they can get themselves in trouble by taking the stance that they don't ever have to talk to management without a steward present.

trickpony1

If management wanted to tell you what a GOOD job you are doing, they would do it in front of everyone to encourage motivation, jealousy and peer competition.

Getting called into the office isn't the ideal stage to commend an employee hence the reluctance of some due to fear of discipline.

Rocket science helping.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If management wanted to tell you what a GOOD job you are doing, they would do it in front of everyone to encourage motivation, jealousy and peer competition.

Getting called into the office isn't the ideal stage to commend an employee hence the reluctance of some due to fear of discipline.

Rocket science helping.

My sup walked up to me and asked me to come to the office. I demanded to have my steward present. Turned out it was my turn to pick vacation weeks. Lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

If a supervisor approaches me and starts talking about ANYTHING pertaining to what they’d consider performance/production and there isn’t a steward present I always end the conservation before they can even get it all out of their mouth. Never let them finish.

Sometimes the goal is to “talk and document” and act like it’s harmless. But don’t think that isn’t tucked away in our file somewhere and won’t be used against us later.

freehoodies

Obviously you don't have faith in modern medicine so why visit a Doctor?
Depends on the doctor. Have you heard of the term "quack doctor"?

And if you haven't personally witnessed a "medical professional" make an obvious and life threatening mistake you haven't interacted with our healthcare system. Medical Malpractice is one of the leading causes of death, and if people could just stop eating so much twinkies and refusing to exercise then maybe medical staff wouldn't be so rushed and make mistakes.

Plus they wouldn't be morbidly obese anymore. Might even get laid on purpose even

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Depends on the doctor. Have you heard of the term "quack doctor"?

And if you haven't personally witnessed a "medical professional" make an obvious and life threatening mistake you haven't interacted with our healthcare system. Medical Malpractice is one of the leading causes of death, and if people could just stop eating so much twinkies and refusing to exercise then maybe medical staff wouldn't be so rushed and make mistakes.

Plus they wouldn't be morbidly obese anymore. Might even get laid on purpose even
Prescription oxy's=good Heroin=bad

freehoodies

Spend one day in a hospital with a decent dr (there are plenty out there)
There is no way your mind won’t change.
These people dedicate and sacrifice their lives to try and save others. The way you speak of them as if they are a part of an evil Cabal is irresponsible and unwarranted.
Don’t get the shot.
But if it’s because you don’t trust doctors??? Seriously. Come stay with me and my girlfriend in Seattle, spend the day with her in Harborview. See what you think after a few hours of actual experience. You make it seem like hospital staff, who haven’t been with their own families as much over the last 18 months trying to save people like you, sit around and wait for people to come in so they can kill them. It’s disgusting. And extremely irresponsible
With a decent doctor, you agreed with the premise in the very first sentence of that grandstanding monologue.

Spend one day in a hospital with a :censored2:ty doctor and you'd never step foot in a hospital again.

Spend one day in a hospital with a decent dr (there are plenty out there)
There is no way your mind won’t change.
These people dedicate and sacrifice their lives to try and save others. The way you speak of them as if they are a part of an evil Cabal is irresponsible and unwarranted.
Don’t get the shot.
But if it’s because you don’t trust doctors??? Seriously. Come stay with me and my girlfriend in Seattle, spend the day with her in Harborview. See what you think after a few hours of actual experience. You make it seem like hospital staff, who haven’t been with their own families as much over the last 18 months trying to save people like you, sit around and wait for people to come in so they can kill them. It’s disgusting. And extremely irresponsible
Nobody goes to harborview Unless they have to.