Expanding postal agreement?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
1D373CB1-09BF-4CAF-9EE7-D6F024783CD7.jpeg

Brownslave688

Someone that works at the post office the other day was on here claiming we wouldn’t be happy but ups/usps were-expanding their agreement

Mack37

Someone that works at the post office the other day was on here claiming we wouldn’t be happy but ups/usps were-expanding their agreement

I knew it was going to happen this way. I think UPS is looking to expand the relationship in order to really lay the pipe to FedEx since they are ending our relationship.

Use Usps resources combined with there own to really amp up volume as FedEx struggles to keep up.

MAKAVELI

I knew it was going to happen this way. I think UPS is looking to expand the relationship in order to really lay the pipe to FedEx since they are ending our relationship.

Use Usps resources combined with there own to really amp up volume as FedEx struggles to keep up.
Essentially it's UPS's micro version of FedEx Ground. If I were a UPS driver I would be a little uneasy about this.

35years

Gravy route
I don't see this as anything different than what happens now with surepost on weekdays. The memo mentioned these are surepost and mail innovations pkgs.

Is anyone maintaining the USPS will be delivering all our Sunday deliveries? That would not fly. 22.4s will do the vast majority.

MAKAVELI

I don't see this as anything different than what happens now with surepost on weekdays. The memo mentioned these are surepost and mail innovations pkgs.

Is anyone maintaining the USPS will be delivering all our Sunday deliveries? That would not fly. 22.4s will do the vast majority.
Why? It's obviously cheaper to use the post office.

ManInBrown

I take them , then throw them in the nearest dumspter on my route .
I covered a letter box on my route years ago right on my way back to the building. Air driver was out long term and they asked if i wouldnt mind grabbing it on my way in till he came back. There was a USPS package and a fedex package in there. I wonder if they are still there.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I guess the USPS's agreement to only deliver Amazon on Sundays has expired or been renegotiated.

I hate that their union screwed those Sunday drivers way worse than ours did with 22.4.

Mack37

I guess the USPS's agreement to only deliver Amazon on Sundays has expired or been renegotiated.

I hate that their union screwed those Sunday drivers way worse than ours did with 22.4.

Even after we lost Amazon around here, we would still deliver priority for some reason. CCA’s get stuck working Sunday’s which definitely sucks but they’ll get off it as soon as they turn regular.

Its almost like a pay your dues thing with letter carriers it seems.

Brownslave688

Even after we lost Amazon around here, we would still deliver priority for some reason. CCA’s get stuck working Sunday’s which definitely sucks but they’ll get off it as soon as they turn regular.

Its almost like a pay your dues thing with letter carriers it seems.
Once upon a time paying your dues in a union was 30 days then all were considered equal

Mack37

Once upon a time paying your dues in a union was 30 days then all were considered equal

That’s the way it should be but the postal service doesn’t really hire career employees off the street aside from truck drivers, mechanics and occasionally maintenance or custodians.

CCAs, RCA’s and PSE’s are entry level essentially. Still have full union protection after 90 days but no Federal benefits. You eat :censored2: until you turn regular or another career classification like PTF. It’s a :censored2: system but that’s the way they do it.