Teamster agreement a 'bad deal' for UPS: Analyst

PT Car Washer

Thank you for proving my point.

The wait to go full time is shorter than 10 years ago, and the wage while you're waiting is higher.

Your ramblings about 50 years ago when you started are completely out of touch.
The gap between Starting PT pay and top FT pay is only getting wider. Maybe I am out of touch with the way things are accepted now but I will not stop fighting for equal pay for equal work.

Manifesto

You bet, myself or a couple other air drivers helping out is eliminating thousands of FT delivery driver jobs. Anyone else you want to blame?
It all starts somewhere. And instead of trying to counter the point you just exaggerate what I said to try to make me look like a fool. We all see through your hyperbole and lame responses.

PT Car Washer

You are.
Part time work pays less per hour.
That is the accepted reality.

That's why we should have been fighting to phase out part time work. People deserve the dignity of a real full time job.
Is that why I make the same PT wage as the FT car washers and more then the 22.3 combos? You are just another company troll.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Your ramblings about 50 years ago when you started are completely out of touch.
Maybe I am out of touch with the way things are accepted now
Part time work pays less per hour.
That is the accepted reality.
Is that why I make the same PT wage as the FT car washers and more then the 22.3 combos?
You make that because you're red circled from 50 years ago. Again, proving my point that you are out of touch.

You bet, myself or a couple other air drivers helping out is eliminating thousands of FT delivery driver jobs. Anyone else you want to blame?
Yes, you shouldn't ever have that work. It shouldn't be work "FTers turned down" ever. It should be assigned, not offered, to a FTer. You shouldn't have the opportunity to accept it. Exceptions happen, that's your work, that's understandable. You averaging 40 hours a week is not, it's not an exception, that's not "unplanned" week after week.

This is so simple, I can't understand how you don't understand.

Thebrownblob

Yes, you shouldn't ever have that work. It shouldn't be work "FTers turned down" ever. It should be assigned, not offered, to a FTer. You shouldn't have the opportunity to accept it. Exceptions happen, that's your work, that's understandable. You averaging 40 hours a week is not, it's not an exception, that's not "unplanned" week after week.

This is so simple, I can't understand how you don't understand.
He does understand.
he doesn’t care.

Steamer

My vote is yes. You aren't going to fix everything in a single contract. That's why it's called a compromise between parties that can live with the give and take. Several issues have been resolved. And these issues along with the nice raises could be lost as well. If it's voted down it would be like starting over. Remember what it felt like when you thought that we would strike. It sounds like some fun? Scabs taking our work, sitting outside in the weather for hours picketing? Risking it all for so little in comparison to everything that could be lost.
Enough to satisfy everyone's need. But not everyone's greed.