Express Complaint - No trolling

bacha29

Had a mgr in Texas who lied repeatedly. He assumed we were all lying to him and trying to screw him over because that's how he operated. Never discount the mindset of many in our management corps.
Never underestimate the paranoia of management . Therefore no matter which operating unit you are enslaved to nothing those people do or say can be deemed trustworthy or believable because there are no restricted covenants or binding obligations that requires them to be truthful.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Never underestimate the paranoia of management . Therefore no matter which operating unit you are enslaved to nothing those people do or say can be deemed trustworthy or believable because there are no restricted covenants or binding obligations that requires them to be truthful.

Completely untrustworthy.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So, in my example the result would be?

Whatever the manager wants it to be. Some managers would just go ahead and fire the guy. Others would keep him, but slowly and firmly squeeze his balls to send him a message. Depends on the circumstances.

Three real-world examples.

1) Courier had a package on his truck that should have gone to another route in another area. The courier knew that the customer was closed that day, so he performed a DEX08. Wasn't an intent to do anything shady, but took the wrong option to take care of the problem. Was given a warning letter and told that the proper action is to contact his manager and/or dispatch if the situation arises. No issues since then (not that there were any before).

2) Courier indirected an DSR pkg to a neighboring business. His reasoning was that he was trying to take care of the customer, who called in the complaint to begin with and said he wanted the pkg DSR specifically because he wanted it delivered to his place, and his place only. Courier was given a warning letter and GFT'd it. At level 2, he would have had it reduced to a performance reminder or thrown out completely (I forget which) if he had simply taken responsibility for it. Instead he defended his breaking of the rule. Warning letter thrown out, was terminated for falsification. Final level of the GFT, he said he realized his errors. Was told that the only reason he got religion is because he lost his job and that he's not really sorry, good luck with your future endeavors. Boom.

3) Terrible courier was releasing all of his P1 resi pkgs during the P1 cycle and delivering them in the afternoon. Lazy. Begged and pleaded to keep his job. Warning letter and a week of unpaid suspension.

Last edited:

vantexan

Whatever the manager wants it to be. Some managers would just go ahead and fire the guy. Others would keep him, but slowly and firmly squeeze his balls to send him a message. Depends on the circumstances.

1) Courier had a package on his truck that should have gone to another route in another area. The courier knew that the customer was closed that day, so he performed a DEX08. Wasn't an intent to do anything shady, but took the wrong option to take care of the problem. Was given a warning letter and told that the proper action is to contact his manager and/or dispatch if the situation arises. No issues since then (not that there were any before).

2) Courier indirected an DSR pkg to a neighboring business. His reasoning was that he was trying to take care of the customer, who called in the complaint to begin with and said he wanted the pkg DSR specifically because he wanted it delivered to his place, and his place only. Courier was given a warning letter and GFT'd it. At level 2, he would have had it reduced to a performance reminder or thrown out completely (I forget which) if he had simply taken responsibility for it. Instead he defended his breaking of the rule. Warning letter thrown out, was terminated for falsification. Final level of the GFT, he said he realized his errors. Was told that the only reason he got religion is because he lost his job and that he's not really sorry, good luck with your future endeavors. Boom.

3) Terrible courier was releasing all of his P1 resi pkgs during the P1 cycle and delivering them in the afternoon. Lazy. Begged and pleaded to keep his job. Warning letter and a week of unpaid suspension.
Good grief, do you have to write a book? :-)

outtatime

Why the eff keep him on? Seems like the perfect opportunity to get rid of a slug. But then again, those types will always revert back to their old ways and will eventually get fired anyway.

!Retired!

Wow, after 16+ years with the company, I learn falsification isn't a black and white issue, there is gray area.
1. I have a dentist office that told us they were closed on Fridays. One Friday, I get an oncall for them with an early close. I asked dispatch to verify the oncall. They were there. When I got there, I stated, I thought you were closed Fridays. 'Oh, sometimes we come in until 12:00, but just for paperwork'. Now we take out their packages on Fridays because they MIGHT be there.
2. DSR means just that, DIRECT signature required. I've had quite a few neighbors say 'I'll sign for it, they're at work/on vacation'. I simply tell them, I wish I could, but I'm not allowed. I understand why the courier did what he did, but the result is what I would have expected.
3. Idiot....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Whatever happened to the idea that discipline gets applied equally? You've just articulated the FedEx idea that discipline is whatever the manager wants it to be.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
2. DSR means just that, DIRECT signature required. I've had quite a few neighbors say 'I'll sign for it, they're at work/on vacation'. I simply tell them, I wish I could, but I'm not allowed. I understand why the courier did what he did, but the result is what I would have expected.

Sometimes a courier will tell them that it HAS to be someone who is physically at that address at the moment of signature and drop the hint that if you come over to the front door and sign...

Or so I've heard.

There are plenty of couriers who have arrangements with some of their regs to take care of DSR issues. Our new GPS system looks like it's going to make it a bit more difficult in that regard. OTOH, the best defense is to follow the rules.

Purplepackage

I love route drivers that release all their buisness when they are closed or out to lunch. So when a swing does it they don't understand why their Fedex wasn't delivered today.

Well for one I'm not going release your crap and slide it through your mail slot like some people I know.

Star B

White Lightening
I slide envelopes under apartment doors all the time -- provided they do not require a signature.

I'd rather do that then have to attempt a redirect at the apartment office or DEX8 and bring it back the next day.

Having said that.... when did the PPADs start showing the DEX code on the screen?

Purplepackage

I slide envelopes under apartment doors all the time -- provided they do not require a signature.

I'd rather do that then have to attempt a redirect at the apartment office or DEX8 and bring it back the next day.

Having said that.... when did the PPADs start showing the DEX code on the screen?

I assume today? First time I saw it

McFeely

Huge Member
I love route drivers that release all their buisness when they are closed or out to lunch. So when a swing does it they don't understand why their Fedex wasn't delivered today.

I have a couple of customers that get their stuff when they're not around because I've taken the effort to provide them with a pad of doortags that they sign (and I have gate codes, etc) as well as a couple of businesses that have signed the Authorization Release Form. The only problem for the swings is that for some of these stops I can't enter enotes for them so they may not know about these.

Started last week at my station.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

It must have been a new download this weekend.