The Breaking Point

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I guarantee your center is not the only one. Not sure why they are worried about pictures. One idea I had is that if our pictures were hacked and released to our competitors.
Thanks for the heads up. Made sure no package car numbers are ID able. Im also sure mine cant be the only center looking all :censored2:ed up like that
uarnt

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Not blaming Amazon at all. Amazon will drop UPS as soon as fiscally and logistically possible. Fedex saw the writing on the wall and rid themselves of Amazon. You don't burn longstanding business relationships the way UPS is doing right now. It will bite UPS down the road.
I agree about the very poor customer service, I have a lot of businesses complaining to me lately about late air and ground deliveries, missed pickups etc. I was sympathetic to the costumers, but the other night at 10pm a woman chewed me out not only for waking her up delivering so late to get a signature, but for also not getting her packages on time and I damn near snapped on her. I laugh at residential stops when they say they’ll start using FedEx, you don’t get to pick. As for the businesses, they have a short memory. UPS will come in and undercut FedEx by a few cents per package and the business will switch back. I see it happen all the time.

The Driver

I drive.
I agree about the very poor customer service, I have a lot of businesses complaining to me lately about late air and ground deliveries, missed pickups etc. I was sympathetic to the costumers, but the other night at 10pm a woman chewed me out not only for waking her up delivering so late to get a signature, but for also not getting her packages on time and I damn near snapped on her. I laugh at residential stops when they say they’ll start using FedEx, you don’t get to pick. As for the businesses, they have a short memory. UPS will come in and undercut FedEx by a few cents per package and the business will switch back. I see it happen all the time.

NonDel
SDWC

Forever.

MattM

What are these people using once they dumped UPS? USPS is bad this time of year. FedEx is questionable too. Long standing customers who aren't getting their next day air in time or medical items, what's the better option?

It's one thing to say UPS sucks and I'll never use them again. It's another if they actually follow through. Our rates are some of the best around.

We basically do two sorts at our building. We weed out any oversized Amazon boxes for potential delivery at some point in time in the future, with everything else being a higher priority

Nike

What are these people using once they dumped UPS? USPS is bad this time of year. FedEx is questionable too. Long standing customers who aren't getting their next day air in time or medical items, what's the better option?

It's one thing to say UPS sucks and I'll never use them again. It's another if they actually follow through. Our rates are some of the best around.

We basically do two sorts at our building. We weed out any oversized Amazon boxes for potential delivery at some point in time in the future, with everything else being a higher priority
DHL duh :raspberry:

Air Recovery

Im sure a smart cookie could still find which center this is by looking at the boxline bin color pattern and how the car lineup numbers are printed.
Our building is heavy but I've not spotted any "piles" yet, we rolled trailers in 2017 and they hid them really well from most everyone then. It is possible they are hiding our volume again in a similar fashion. Either way this is a safety concern if it is blocking your doors nearby. How do they even get the package cars out with that pile in the way?
They literally block our cars in with irregs so we cant leave in the morning yet our cara dont have space to walk down the center let alone for an ireg
Why couldn't you take the tote of smalls at least?

That area was empty when we left. That picture was taken at midnight

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Our PVDs drive smart cars...
056E72CD-FC88-43AB-A678-C43AAFF78B36.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guarantee your center is not the only one. Not sure why they are worried about pictures. One idea I had is that if our pictures were hacked and released to our competitors.

uarnt

None of what we do is proprietary.

They don't want images such as that pile of irregs to make it on to social media.

Johney

My center is doomed. This is one irreg pile, left and right side. There are about 4 or 5 more piles and 7 entire trailers of just irregs.
View attachment 276031 View attachment 276032
Is it just me or does there appear to be not one single PAL label on any of those packages? All our irregs are PAL'd at the unload. How about the smalls bag? No small sort? I've seen our hubs down here look like that on a nightly sort and it's all gone by sort down.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Is it just me or does there appear to be not one single PAL label on any of those packages? All our irregs are PAL'd at the unload. How about the smalls bag? No small sort? I've seen our hubs down here look like that on a nightly sort and it's all gone by sort down.

In the one picture.... it look's like they are all stuck to the floor.

:biggrin: