Express DG class

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
^ so true ^
You can get yourself in a load of hot water and no one’s going to CYA. What’s the payoff other than perhaps getting a little more clock time?

This is exactly what Nancy Reagan was talking about when she just said “NO!”

dezguy

Playing with chemicals that could seriously harm you for MAAAAAYBE a couple hours of ot a month? No thanks!

Do yourself a favour and try to get out of that position asap.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Plus you’re stuck working nights.

Chances are they’ll have you run a pickup route before the fun begins with DG. There’s the added pressure of getting back to the building on time to do this.

Do whatever it takes to get out of this. Lie to them if you have to.

Serf

The class is a week long. 40 hrs. You’ll learn about all the chemicals, poison, tnt, radioactive stuff we ship. And why it makes so much money for the company. The test is still open book if I remember correctly. We have DG qualified people on the AM and PM side. As well as 1 on Saturdays. But almost all DG is processed at night to on the shuttle to the airport.

Bingo

Just wanting to know how this goes and a little about it. Going to DG class soon...
You must be new. They normally suck in the newbies for this thankless job. I did it for 2 years. Once my certification expired, I ended my Dg resposibilities. If there is any way you can wiggle out of it. Please do

Serf

You must be new. They normally suck in the newbies for this thankless job. I did it for 2 years. Once my certification expired, I ended my Dg resposibilities. If there is any way you can wiggle out of it. Please do
It is thankless. However, if you actually plan on staying with Express it’s a good thing to have in the event you ever want to transfer. Opens doors. You’re like a Chemical Unicorn Master.

huckleberry

You will be great, think of this is an excellent opportunity to grow. Keep your spirits up, head down. Do your work and go home.

If you can handle the pressure, good on you. You have become harder to replace.