Express RTD to Feeder… worth it?

Aquaman

IMO you should stay where you are. Time off, 40 hour work(day) week and vacations. going to take a long while to make that up.
Go to feeders and say goodbye to the family as a new hire. you will have long shifts most likely and probably night. In other words the least favorable jobs. One positive is UPS labor pool is aging and retiring as company is expanding .GOOD LUCK on decision
You’d stay at FedEx? Even if you could increase your pay from $55K to $115K in 4 years? I don’t want to see my kids less. But Jesus how can I justify not taking this job. I guess I’m looking for reasons to stay where I am lol.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
You’d stay at FedEx? Even if you could increase your pay from $55K to $115K in 4 years? I don’t want to see my kids less. But Jesus how can I justify not taking this job. I guess I’m looking for reasons to stay where I am lol.

Depends on what you need out of life…is that $55k paying the bills where you live or are you constantly struggling? Are you super sentimental and want every second with your family? Or do you not mind long hours and kind of want an excuse to get out of the soccer games anyway?

All about balance, bro. It will be four, five, maybe six years before you get any consistency in your schedule. You will definitely get bad start times, so you'll probably see your wife and kids in the evenings if you want to interrupt your sleep a little. Honestly, at 33, you'd have the opportunity for a long career here and could set yourself up for a good retirement. I would make the jump, but I would also make sure that whatever time I make for my family is high quality.

Also, you'll make well over $55k your first year as a feeder.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A big question to ask yourself is if your wife is supportive. If she’s needy, it will never work if you switch over. You will end up divorced. You need someone who will have your back when you’re working the crazy hours. Ask any of these guys on here who’ve been long time feeder drivers with long marriages. They will all tell you that they couldn’t have done it without the backing of their wives handling the home front.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
None of these guys would work 8hrs a day for 27 an hour and pay for their insurance. You want to work days go drive a garbage truck for more money. Its a no brainer you have to move on from express. No one should stay at express. You just have to adjust to working overnight. You try and get a run while your kids are sleeping. 9pm to 6am. You cant raise a family on 55k a year in 2022 and beyond.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A big question to ask yourself is if your wife is supportive. If she’s needy, it will never work if you switch over. You will end up divorced. You need someone who will have your back when you’re working the crazy hours. Ask any of these guys on here who’ve been long time feeder drivers with long marriages. They will all tell you that they couldn’t have done it without the backing of their wives handling the home front.
Truth right there. I will say that as long as your wife is totally on board then it's a no brainer, take the feeder job.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Being there for my kids is very important to me. But doubling my income could give them a very different life… Would just be a life with less of me. What do they need more? A better school district? Or their dad around?
I’ve noticed that combo jobs are the best if both worlds . Working 40-45 hrs per week at $34-35 per hour seems to be the sweet spot of ups/life balances

Aquaman

None of these guys would work 8hrs a day for 27 an hour and pay for their insurance. You want to work days go drive a garbage truck for more money. Its a no brainer you have to move on from express. No one should stay at express. You just have to adjust to working overnight. You try and get a run while your kids are sleeping. 9pm to 6am. You cant raise a family on 55k a year in 2022 and beyond.
Even top out here is only $32/hr. That’s about $66,000/yr. Which is honestly overpaid for what we do. But even with 5 hours of overtime a week I’d never sniff Feeder pay. I don’t have a problem working 3rd shift. I just don’t want to bounce around on the on-call list for YEARS. I get having to pay your dues. But I’d prefer to only pay my dues against the other current feeders. Seniority seems a bit complicated at UPS. At Express it’s your start date… part time, full time, handler, courier, it doesn’t matter. It’s your start date.

Even top out here is only $32/hr. That’s about $66,000/yr. Which is honestly overpaid for what we do. But even with 5 hours of overtime a week I’d never sniff Feeder pay. I don’t have a problem working 3rd shift. I just don’t want to bounce around on the on-call list for YEARS. I get having to pay your dues. But I’d prefer to only pay my dues against the other current feeders. Seniority seems a bit complicated at UPS. At Express it’s your start date… part time, full time, handler, courier, it doesn’t matter. It’s your start date.
Your security date will be your start date. You don't have to worry about anyone bumping in above you.

4ups

Then go