Express to UPS?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Right. The issue is that this was supposed to take effect in September of last year and its almost March of this year. And I signed this offer letter in December.
Hmm. Not sure whether they will pay you from the September date or when you signed the offer letter. How'd you get away with not signing it for so long? Have you been a swing since September even though you didn't sign the letter then?

dex03

Hmm. Not sure whether they will pay you from the September date or when you signed the offer letter. How'd you get away with not signing it for so long? Have you been a swing since September even though you didn't sign the letter then?

I've been told I'll be getting back pay from when my effective swing start date. I was taken off my route after the interview and have been doing swing work since. All I know about the offer letter is there was a conflict between managers about moving me to M-friend or keeping me Tues-Sat. The ball was dropped by management.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've been told I'll be getting back pay from when my effective swing start date. I was taken off my route after the interview and have been doing swing work since. All I know about the offer letter is there was a conflict between managers about moving me to M-friend or keeping me Tues-Sat. The ball was dropped by management.
Make sure you are a pest about it. It's your money.

dex03

Make sure you are a pest about it. It's your money.

Yeah, I'd like to raise a total sh-t storm about it but there's a manager that I want to look out for (and the senior basically told me he'd be the fall guy).

And this is why I want to leave Express, I busted my ass as a part timer, getting BZ's, accolades, saying yes to anything. Now when it was my turn to ask for something back, Fedex didn't deliver.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yeah, I'd like to raise a total sh-t storm about it but there's a manager that I want to look out for (and the senior basically told me he'd be the fall guy).

And this is why I want to leave Express, I busted my ass as a part timer, getting BZ's, accolades, saying yes to anything. Now when it was my turn to ask for something back, Fedex didn't deliver.
No good deed goes unpunished. Why do you think senior couriers have the attitudes they do? Once upon a time, they were you, accolades, team players, go-to people. FedEx made them how they are now.

dex03

No good deed goes unpunished. Why do you think senior couriers have the attitudes they do? Once upon a time, they were you, accolades, team players, go-to people. FedEx made them how they are now.

And that's exactly who I don't want to be, the disgruntled courier who can't quit because they've already invested 20+ years into this company.

bacha29

Anything chance you can get out of the industry altogether?
You're right .You can't make it your life's work. DX3 might like bucking boxes at this stage of his life but try 20 plus years of it. He should think of it as transitional employment. The job between jobs.

Star B

White Lightening
If you've been there for three years with a signed swing letter and not getting paid correctly, I'd be calling the ethics line/hr and/or your state labor dept.

dex03

If you've been there for three years with a signed swing letter and not getting paid correctly, I'd be calling the ethics line/hr and/or your state labor dept.

this all happened last fall, there's no way I'd still be here if this lasted 3 years.

bbsam

Staff member
that's why I'm getting a degree to fall back on.
Think about that. You'll spend 10 years at UPS and fall back on a degree competing with fresh faces out of college and people with more experience in the field (unless your degree is in logistics).

Not trying to dissuade you really. Just getting the full picture.

dex03

Think about that. You'll spend 10 years at UPS and fall back on a degree competing with fresh faces out of college and people with more experience in the field (unless your degree is in logistics).

Not trying to dissuade you really. Just getting the full picture.

No, I'm doing this package delivery work now while I'm young and still enjoy it. When I get my degree I'll either try to move up in Fedex or UPS or find something else. I have no plans to be a 55yr old still jumping out of trucks. no way.