Express to UPS?

Oldfart

You stupid SOB. Can't you read? The young man was wondering if he would be better off at UPS. What I was pointing out was that several weeks ago one analyst downgraded the stock of UNITED PARCEL SERVICE!. You're so blinded by your absolute devotion to your beloved Fedex that when a person takes note of what one analyst had to say about a competitor your paranoia is such that right away you go on the offensive when all I was doing was pointing out what challenges might await an entry level UPS employee. I apologize for not first considering the fact that someone like you wouldn't have enough brain activity to understand the point that was being made.
Like I said, all you know how to do is cut and paste. So, 1 guy downgraded UPS. The sun will still shine tomorrow. Some analyst gave you an erection several months ago when they downgraded FDX when it was in the $170 range. All it did following his downgrade was to climb to $202 and fall back to mid $190 range.

You actually believe a job choice should be made because an analyst downgraded FDX or UPS? You are a real genius.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If they spell out pay and duties in an offer letter, are you saying they're under no obligation to honor that?

There's definitely an obligation and it's a big freaking deal all around if the terms aren't honored. However if they determine that they don't want or aren't able to honor the terms then they won't honor the terms. Whoever is responsible will catch a ton of crap behind the scenes. The courier will be presented with some face-saving BS excuse in which no one will be blamed for anything.

It's rare but it happens.

bacha29

Like I said, all you know how to do is cut and paste. So, 1 guy downgraded UPS. The sun will still shine tomorrow. Some analyst gave you an erection several months ago when they downgraded FDX when it was in the $170 range. All it did following his downgrade was to climb to $202 and fall back to mid $190 range.

You actually believe a job choice should be made because an analyst downgraded FDX or UPS? You are a real genius.
You're an idiot who still thinks it's 1981 when X had full control of a niche market. Well hello.This is 2017 and that niche market is well served by several capable competitors and the resulting competitive pressures will invariably find their way into the daily workplace experience of every employee at every one the combatants in this particular space. So you think you are a good investor?. All you're doing is picking out which one of several managed portfolio's to put your retirement dollars in. That's right. PORTFOLIOS MANAGED BY SOMEONE ELSE and then talk like you're Warren Buffett. When you get your own trading account and start rolling the dice on individual stocks and start walking the walk, then you can talk the talk.

Oldfart

You're an idiot who still thinks it's 1981 when X had full control of a niche market. Well hello.This is 2017 and that niche market is well served by several capable competitors and the resulting competitive pressures will invariably find their way into the daily workplace experience of every employee at every one the combatants in this particular space. So you think you are a good investor?. All you're doing is picking out which one of several managed portfolio's to put your retirement dollars in. That's right. PORTFOLIOS MANAGED BY SOMEONE ELSE and then talk like you're Warren Buffett. When you get your own trading account and start rolling the dice on individual stocks and start walking the walk, then you can talk the talk.
Once again, you are clueless and have no idea what you are talking about. Have you been looking at my statements? Guess again and get your facts incorrect. It must suck being wrong all the time. How does it feel?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Once again, you are clueless and have no idea what you are talking about. Have you been looking at my statements? Guess again and get your facts incorrect. It must suck being wrong all the time. How does it feel?

I get a kick out of the guy.

The amount of detail he attempts to get into is fascinating. Those who have a functional understanding of that level of detail aren't on package delivery message boards talking about it. It's like reading mock drafts on football message boards -- absolute crap.

Oldfart

I get a kick out of the guy.

The amount of detail he attempts to get into is fascinating. Those who have a functional understanding of that level of detail aren't on package delivery message boards talking about it. It's like reading mock drafts on football message boards -- absolute crap.
Exactly. The guy is a master of cut and paste and spewing out big words that he doesn't even know what most of them mean. He most likely has a net worth of 10k and wants people to think he is the smartest man on Wall Street. I would bet the Bull statue on Wall Street is more informed that this joker.

bacha29

Exactly. The guy is a master of cut and paste and spewing out big words that he doesn't even know what most of them mean. He most likely has a net worth of 10k and wants people to think he is the smartest man on Wall Street. I would bet the Bull statue on Wall Street is more informed that this joker.
You haven't changed one bit. When somebody doesn't give your common knowledge opinion of a subject the you respect think it deserves or doesn't give your length of service the respect you think it deserves or your brain washed blind devotion to your employer the respect you think it's deserving of or your current balance in a MANAGED portfolio the respect you want for it then you once again revert to personal attacks. But when somebody takes your personal attacks and makes you eat them you are obviously not emotionally capable of dealing with it. So why not try a different approach?

Oldfart

You haven't changed one bit. When somebody doesn't give your common knowledge opinion of a subject the you respect think it deserves or doesn't give your length of service the respect you think it deserves or your brain washed blind devotion to your employer the respect you think it's deserving of or your current balance in a MANAGED portfolio the respect you want for it then you once again revert to personal attacks. But when somebody takes your personal attacks and makes you eat them you are obviously not emotionally capable of dealing with it. So why not try a different approach?
Managed? Self managed? What difference does it make? If you are such a Wall Street genius, why do you hang with people on here. I figure you would be rubbing shoulders with Paul Tudor Jones, Buffet, and the Koch Brothers, and the other billionaire money men on Wall Street. How many shares of Berkshire Hathaway do you own? I take advice from people smarter than me when it comes to making money. That sure eliminates you from the conversation. When my 73 Pinto needs to be worked on, I trust my mechanic to get my car running again. When my roof starts leaking, I call a roofer. You brag about how smart you are when it comes to money, but in the end, you are just a dumb ole truck driver who can do nothing more than talk about finance.

bacha29

Managed? Self managed? What difference does it make? If you are such a Wall Street genius, why do you hang with people on here. I figure you would be rubbing shoulders with Paul Tudor Jones, Buffet, and the Koch Brothers, and the other billionaire money men on Wall Street. How many shares of Berkshire Hathaway do you own? I take advice from people smarter than me when it comes to making money. That sure eliminates you from the conversation. When my 73 Pinto needs to be worked on, I trust my mechanic to get my car running again. When my roof starts leaking, I call a roofer. You brag about how smart you are when it comes to money, but in the end, you are just a dumb ole truck driver who can do nothing more than talk about finance.
You were bragging over and over again about the size of your retirement but you failed to give credit where it was due and that was to the managers of your portfolio . Instead you tried to convey the impression that you alone were responsible for it's growth and management and went to great lengths to call attention to yourself instead of the people who were responsible. Your labor to your credit generated the original principal but it was their expertise that grew it.Part of my portfolio is in the hands of professional managers. The other part I trade on my own. Performance wise there is not much difference between the two. I don't trade on margin or trade options. I simply look for undervalued stocks that have a good record of steady growth and offer a DRIP. Simple as that. But at the same time now that the market run up which has been borrowing from estimated earnings that are too far in the future to be credible or trusted I will start to look for more secure places to put my recent gains. And no one ever said that your not capable of trading on your own but give credit where it's due.

overflowed

Kinda like someone who's been at FedEx forever but doesn't know what the rla is?

Oldfart

You were bragging over and over again about the size of your retirement but you failed to give credit where it was due and that was to the managers of your portfolio . Instead you tried to convey the impression that you alone were responsible for it's growth and management and went to great lengths to call attention to yourself instead of the people who were responsible. Your labor to your credit generated the original principal but it was their expertise that grew it.Part of my portfolio is in the hands of professional managers. The other part I trade on my own. Performance wise there is not much difference between the two. I don't trade on margin or trade options. I simply look for undervalued stocks that have a good record of steady growth and offer a DRIP. Simple as that. But at the same time now that the market run up which has been borrowing from estimated earnings that are too far in the future to be credible or trusted I will start to look for more secure places to put my recent gains. And no one ever said that your not capable of trading on your own but give credit where it's due.
There you go again!!!

Like the old EFT Hutton saying. "When Bacha speaks, NOBODY listens" As smart as you are, you should be on the Forbes Richest People list. Please forward me your contact info. I will fire my money man, CPA, lawyer and insurance man and turn everything over to you. You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Oldfart

Kinda like someone who's been at FedEx forever but doesn't know what the rla is?
Guilty as charged. Heard the actual name, never gave it much thought. Never studied it and still not even sure all of the ramifications. When someone used the acronym, didn't realize that is what they were referencing.

bacha29

There you go again!!!

Like the old EFT Hutton saying. "When Bacha speaks, NOBODY listens" As smart as you are, you should be on the Forbes Richest People list. Please forward me your contact info. I will fire my money man, CPA, lawyer and insurance man and turn everything over to you. You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Given your persistent use of personal attacks to make a point proves conclusively that you don't have a point. Likewise it would appear that this type of behavior can be best attributed to your cultural upbringing.

Oldfart

Given your persistent use of personal attacks to make a point proves conclusively that you don't have a point. Likewise it would appear that this type of behavior can be best attributed to your cultural upbringing.
Did you take time from running Wall Street to post on here. While your erection over the downgrade of FDX stock subsides, stock is closing in on $200 again. Kinda proves you dont know didley.

bacha29

Did you take time from running Wall Street to post on here. While your erection over the downgrade of FDX stock subsides, stock is closing in on $200 again. Kinda proves you dont know didley.
Must know a little bit. Bought Digital Switch at 5 sold at 25. Bought Altria at 22 closed today 74. Bought Facebook at 23 closed today at 137. Bought Center Point Energy a nice dividend stock a couple of months ago at 21 now 27. I don't go around bragging about it and unlike yourself I don't go around bragging about the gains the managers made with the managed portion of my account then try to make people believe that it's the equivalent of having done it myself. Now that I've come clean tell us about the best trades you've made entirely on your own.

Oldfart

Must know a little bit. Bought Digital Switch at 5 sold at 25. Bought Altria at 22 closed today 74. Bought Facebook at 23 closed today at 137. Bought Center Point Energy a nice dividend stock a couple of months ago at 21 now 27. I don't go around bragging about it and unlike yourself I don't go around bragging about the gains the managers made with the managed portion of my account then try to make people believe that it's the equivalent of having done it myself. Now that I've come clean tell us about the best trades you've made entirely on your own.
I already asked you for your contact information. You are a PURE financial genius. I just wish I was as smart as you. I know the men on Wall Street are whining and dining you wanting to pick your brain.

I did buy FDX at low $30's. FOUR different 2:1 splits later, it closed at $197 today. I believe if my ciphering is correct, that puts be at about $2.50 a share. I do need to ask my advisor Jethro Bodine, he is my personal brain surgeon and money manager.

bacha29

I already asked you for your contact information. You are a PURE financial genius. I just wish I was as smart as you. I know the men on Wall Street are whining and dining you wanting to pick your brain.

I did buy FDX at low $30's. FOUR different 2:1 splits later, it closed at $197 today. I believe if my ciphering is correct, that puts be at about $2.50 a share. I do need to ask my advisor Jethro Bodine, he is my personal brain surgeon and money manager.
Ok so you bought some company stock through an ESOP. That's good and I commend you but that was a long time ago same holds true with the first 100 shares of stock I bought in 1978 Doesn't mean a thing today. But what have you done lately? When was the last time you put your balls on the anvil and bought shares based strictly on your own convictions? Nobody on Wall Street wants my advice. Here's what I did . When I had my Ground route the best money I ever spent was to have an XM Radio installed and that radio was tuned all day into just 1 channel....CNBC. Yes they had their high profile celebrity investment bankers on but they would also have small low profile stock analysts on there who would drop a name or two of a good stock to buy. When I got home usually around 11PM I would go online and look up the stock. That's all I did . If your company stock continues it's upward chug good. In fact one of the SPYDR funds I have has quite a bit of X stock. At the same time buying stock on your own keeps your head in the game more than just having money taken out and put in a fund. It's kind of like set it and forget it.

Oldfart

Ok so you bought some company stock through an ESOP. That's good and I commend you but that was a long time ago same holds true with the first 100 shares of stock I bought in 1978 Doesn't mean a thing today. But what have you done lately? When was the last time you put your balls on the anvil and bought shares based strictly on your own convictions? Nobody on Wall Street wants my advice. Here's what I did . When I had my Ground route the best money I ever spent was to have an XM Radio installed and that radio was tuned all day into just 1 channel....CNBC. Yes they had their high profile celebrity investment bankers on but they would also have small low profile stock analysts on there who would drop a name or two of a good stock to buy. When I got home usually around 11PM I would go online and look up the stock. That's all I did . If your company stock continues it's upward chug good. In fact one of the SPYDR funds I have has quite a bit of X stock. At the same time buying stock on your own keeps your head in the game more than just having money taken out and put in a fund. It's kind of like set it and forget it.
Once again, your instinct and genius financial mind amazes me. Please, tell me more. Don't keep all that wisdom to yourself. Inquiring minds want to know.

Besides, I bought most of my stock on the open market. Esop was nice with the discount and all, just took too long to accumulate many shares.