mikeyb

Hey guys. Before I get started, please try not to slam me. I'm wanting to do the right thing and want advise from you guys. I was forced to run a satellite route 2 and 1/2 years ago. I drive approx 30 minutes to the sight where my truck is to load up. At first, I had decent weeks. A couple of days getting off at 5/530 (mainly due to another route cut in for relief) and the other 3 getting off at 6/630. Only taking approx 20 minutes lunch (yes, I know now this is a no no). I would see an opportunity to get done early and run with it, trying to make up for that 30 minute drive home. Of course, the work load increased over time. Now, my average clock out time is 630/730 (sometimes later), no more 5/530 days. Even when the relief route is in, I just get work from somewhere else. Most people around me are on 9.5. Sometimes I'm asked to help them but not much. My start time is 850 with approx 30 minutes to load work. That should make my 9.5 finish time 620 if I was on the list? Even getting 8 hour request is hard as they try to cut it as close as possible. I know that I've done this all wrong. I've been out there all alone all this time but finally talked to a couple other drivers and they basically told me I needed to change things up. I'm sorry. All I ever wanted to do was show that I could work hard. I finally had a job making good money but unknowingly have slowly dug myself into a hole. How do I fix this? I don't mind a late night periodically but need a break. I have 2 herniated discs that are healing but I feel like I'm making it really hard on myself. I know the 9.5 list is an option but I also have the opportunity to go back to the building and force a lower driver to run it. But I like the route and I'm used to it. Seems like there are a few folks that get off at 5 every day but most folks are way overworked. Once again, I know I haven't done things the best so take it easy on me, lol. Honestly, how do I go about fixing this to where it's more tolerable. Thanks!!!!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
What are the other drivers in your center doing to address excessive dispatch? How many are on the list? How many are taking 8 hour request days twice a month?

That's a good place to start unraveling your situation.

upschuck

Your satellite route starts at 850? In building drivers here, don't leave til after 9 on most days, so most start around 930 - 945.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
work at a steady, brisk, but safe pace

take your full hour of lunch, hydrate plenty, and make service on your airs and any pickups you have

beyond that it's on your dispatcher

Appvol

You need to get on the 9/5 list. Everybody should be on the 9/5 list that can.I run satellite routes a lot.They don't start till 10:20 and get treated like they are downtown routes.Ran one this week and had 7.99 hrs over 9/5.Worked 13.99 hrs on Wednesday. Just wondering if anybody has ever punched out after midnight.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Make a commitment to take your lunch before the 5th hr everyday. Walk at a comfortable pace. Drive the speed limit. YOU have to change. They will jack it up if you push it. Then you can't live up to the numbers you did to yourself.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey guys. Before I get started, please try not to slam me. I'm wanting to do the right thing and want advise from you guys. I was forced to run a satellite route 2 and 1/2 years ago. I drive approx 30 minutes to the sight where my truck is to load up. At first, I had decent weeks. A couple of days getting off at 5/530 (mainly due to another route cut in for relief) and the other 3 getting off at 6/630. Only taking approx 20 minutes lunch (yes, I know now this is a no no). I would see an opportunity to get done early and run with it, trying to make up for that 30 minute drive home. Of course, the work load increased over time. Now, my average clock out time is 630/730 (sometimes later), no more 5/530 days. Even when the relief route is in, I just get work from somewhere else. Most people around me are on 9.5. Sometimes I'm asked to help them but not much. My start time is 850 with approx 30 minutes to load work. That should make my 9.5 finish time 620 if I was on the list? Even getting 8 hour request is hard as they try to cut it as close as possible. I know that I've done this all wrong. I've been out there all alone all this time but finally talked to a couple other drivers and they basically told me I needed to change things up. I'm sorry. All I ever wanted to do was show that I could work hard. I finally had a job making good money but unknowingly have slowly dug myself into :censored2:. How do I fix this? I don't mind a late night periodically but need a break. I have 2 herniated discs that are healing but I feel like I'm making it really hard on myself. I know the 9.5 list is an option but I also have the opportunity to go back to the building and force a lower driver to run it. But I like the route and I'm used to it. Seems like there are a few folks that get off at 5 every day but most folks are way overworked. Once again, I know I haven't done things the best so take it easy on me, lol. Honestly, how do I go about fixing this to where it's more tolerable. Thanks!!!!
How you getting away with working during meal periods? Are you falsifying your time in the diad?

How do you help other drivers? We can't do that anymore due to Orion.

30 minute commute ain't bad.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey guys. Before I get started, please try not to slam me. I'm wanting to do the right thing and want advise from you guys. I was forced to run a satellite route 2 and 1/2 years ago. I drive approx 30 minutes to the sight where my truck is to load up. At first, I had decent weeks. A couple of days getting off at 5/530 (mainly due to another route cut in for relief) and the other 3 getting off at 6/630. Only taking approx 20 minutes lunch (yes, I know now this is a no no). I would see an opportunity to get done early and run with it, trying to make up for that 30 minute drive home. Of course, the work load increased over time. Now, my average clock out time is 630/730 (sometimes later), no more 5/530 days. Even when the relief route is in, I just get work from somewhere else. Most people around me are on 9.5. Sometimes I'm asked to help them but not much. My start time is 850 with approx 30 minutes to load work. That should make my 9.5 finish time 620 if I was on the list? Even getting 8 hour request is hard as they try to cut it as close as possible. I know that I've done this all wrong. I've been out there all alone all this time but finally talked to a couple other drivers and they basically told me I needed to change things up. I'm sorry. All I ever wanted to do was show that I could work hard. I finally had a job making good money but unknowingly have slowly dug myself into :censored2:. How do I fix this? I don't mind a late night periodically but need a break. I have 2 herniated discs that are healing but I feel like I'm making it really hard on myself. I know the 9.5 list is an option but I also have the opportunity to go back to the building and force a lower driver to run it. But I like the route and I'm used to it. Seems like there are a few folks that get off at 5 every day but most folks are way overworked. Once again, I know I haven't done things the best so take it easy on me, lol. Honestly, how do I go about fixing this to where it's more tolerable. Thanks!!!!

The 9.5 list is your friend

Richard Cranium

You need to get on the 9/5 list. Everybody should be on the 9/5 list that can.I run satellite routes a lot.They don't start till 10:20 and get treated like they are downtown routes.Ran one this week and had 7.99 hrs over 9/5.Worked 13.99 hrs on Wednesday. Just wondering if anybody has ever punched out after midnight.
What did you put in for your eta?

542thruNthru

I'm sorry man but you're complaining that you're not getting off by 5-530. You don't work at a bank. This isn't a 9 to 5 job. Also a 30 min commute is not bad. I drive 27min every day to get to work. Then walk 10 minutes to get to my building from my parking spot.

Get on 9.5 and take your lunch everyday. Good luck.

Appvol

What did you put in for your eta?

It was a screwed up day and the Supervisor was part of the problem. He knew all day what was going to happen.The 12hr crap all of sudden didn't matter on that day. You know the same speech we had a call in or we know we needed another route but didn't have the drivers.

DOK

How you getting away with working during meal periods? Are you falsifying your time in the diad?

How do you help other drivers? We can't do that anymore due to Orion.

30 minute commute ain't bad.
If you take 15 min lunch, put in 15 min lunch, if you don't take any, don't put any in. Guys work through them all the time here.

I agree the commute isn't bad. You have a satellite route (you're away from the building so you're left alone) that starts at 8:50 ( we don't get out of the building here till 9:15 as of late). You're commute is only 30 minutes and you're getting done at 6:30-7ish. Sounds pretty good to me lol.

Super Powers

Go on the 9.5 list and follow Orion 100% if your center has it. Your miles will go way up and your stops will come down. I'm a satellite driver and this strategy has worked for some of my fellow satellite drivers. I personally don't do this,but, it may be your best option.