Extreme Cold

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just curious. Has UPS ever called it for extreme cold? We are going to have a high of single digits and a wind chill of - double digits. I'm definitely going to work tomorrow, but I was just thinking about how cold it would have to be for them to cancel work! haha
Lol, bundle up chump.

clean hairy

With the new battery powered trucks, how much range will they have in the extreme cold?
I think they are 70 miles range in nice weather?

pkgdriver

With the new battery powered trucks, how much range will they have in the extreme cold?
I think they are 70 miles range in nice weather?
Excellent question. We don’t have any of the new fang led stuff. Will wear an undershirt on Monday but will have the jacket just in case. No pants worn since we were able to wear shorts (94?).

brownelf

I love our half mile walk from parking lot to building this time of year, especially when the snow is crunching under your feet and the wind is blowing in your face. It's usually the toughest walk of the whole day for me, don't notice the cold on the route as much. Although I do my dock stops differently when it's blowing and below zero to keep the dock rats happy. Toss it all on the dock as fast as possible then shut the overhead and scan packages, nothing pisses off a dock rat more than letting what little heat they have go out the overhead door you leave open feet from their work area scanning packages.

ManInBrown

Just curious. Has UPS ever called it for extreme cold? We are going to have a high of single digits and a wind chill of - double digits. I'm definitely going to work tomorrow, but I was just thinking about how cold it would have to be for them to cancel work! haha
You’ll survive snowflake. Are you really this nervous? Shut the door in between driving to stops. Man up. My stock ownership is counting on you.

oldngray

nowhere special
About the same as @MyTripisCut hair dryer.
Untitled.png

542thruNthru

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Never, ever, going to happen as our fellow UPSers from Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, and all the northern states including our 51st state(Canada), show us each and ever winter. Hats off to you guys and gals, have a beer or two you all deserve it.
Only time they called us in was when the 32' cage car did a 360 on black ice at 5 mph at the airport, what a day