Extreme heat inside UPS vehicles is oppressive. UPS will not get away with this oppressive treatment forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Est.1998

Whenever I would sort the PC I would open all of the doors.

Whenever I would want to clean out the cargo area I would go on a back road, open up all of the doors and let the wind work its magic, speeding up to 50 and quickly slowing down to 0, repeating as needed until the area was clean.
I normally sort in the shade of a dock after one of my bulk stops. The air from the building of the dock cools the cargo area nicely!
Now, when i get back on the road, i know what’s in my load and where it’s at. I hardly look at the diad at that point and switch the view to pickup so dynamic orion doesn’t freeze up my board.

34yearpackagehumper

Because the issue/topic relates to heat related injuries/illnesses while working in hot conditions. Mild and moderate temperatures are not a concern.

Should they? Seems pretty nice.

I don’t.

Why is this relevant?

What misinformation have I posted?

I graduated HS.
I get the feeling the guy you are responding to is another pencil pusher who probably drove for 30 days are so.

rod

Retired 22 years
1659501159910.png

Integrity

Binge Poster
Skip AC in the cab. Pump it in the cargo area since UPS managers don’t believe it helps because of frequent stops
I would guess once the cargo area is addressed that the cargo air will be where the cab driver area get it’s air from.

Probably through vents or the like

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You heat Queens are free to quit. Get yourself a nice inside job somewhere. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.