friend your iPhone

oldngray

nowhere special
Wall street not happy with Apple. Stock down after a new phone announcement, total fail.

It's a bizarre move to announce the Iphone 8 and Iphone 10(X) at the same time. Why buy an 8, the 10 will be out in November. Close enough to Christmas to boost sales I guess, hopefully these chumps don't wait till the last minute to buy.

X sounds like its just the top of the line 8.

Marketing gimmick?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
X sounds like its just the top of the line 8.

Marketing gimmick?
Looks like the edge to edge screen on the X is the difference, no home button or bezel.
Thing is, when the whole phone is screen, it just ends up looking like a generic android.
That home button was quintessential iphone design.

oldngray

nowhere special
Looks like the edge to edge screen on the X is the difference, no home button or bezel.
Thing is, when the whole phone is screen, it just ends up looking like a generic android.
That home button was quintessential iphone design.

Getting rid of the home button was a stupid move in my opinion but Apple knows better I guess.

I agree it is yet another move to copy androids. Why pay more for Apple then?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hi Scratch. How you holding up?
murder-suspects.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Getting rid of the home button was a stupid move in my opinion but Apple knows better I guess.

I agree it is yet another move to copy androids. Why pay more for Apple then?
Not many companies have as much brand loyalty among their consumers as Apple. I don't get it, but there's no denying they're good at that if nothing else.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not many companies have as much brand loyalty among their consumers as Apple. I don't get it, but there's no denying they're good at that if nothing else.

Apple phones work. Androids are not as smooth to use but are cheaper and far more customizable. It all comes down to personal preference.

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
Does anyone remember the "beep beep" phone? Where the conversation was basically a "Wally talky" roger-dodger 10-4 buddy conversation.... where anyone within a two mile radius could hear, because the speakers were so loud.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hi Scratch. How you holding up?

I guess I am still holding up as well as can be expected, thanks for asking. My left foot is starting to bother me a little bit, my podiatrist thinks its just inflammation.

I am still stuck driving POS P-7s since my rear brakes went out a couple of weeks ago. I saw my mechanic replacing them finally Thursday night, I was expecting it back yesterday. Yesterday I was livid, I went looking for it and it was red-tagged for a broke front spring that my day mechanic wrote up on the original road call. I get the pleasure of driving a different piece of crap every day, the manual shifts are hurting my left foot when I get one of those. I made a lot of extra overtime this week. My shop doesn't stock parts and we have a Freightliner dealership down the street. I guess the company would rather use cheap Chinese parts instead of original equipment, they care so much for safety.

I guess I am still holding up as well as can be expected, thanks for asking. My left foot is starting to bother me a little bit, my podiatrist thinks its just inflammation.

I am still stuck driving POS P-7s since my rear brakes went out a couple of weeks ago. I saw my mechanic replacing them finally Thursday night, I was expecting it back yesterday. Yesterday I was livid, I went looking for it and it was red-tagged for a broke front spring that my day mechanic wrote up on the original road call. I get the pleasure of driving a different piece of crap every day, the manual shifts are hurting my left foot when I get one of those. I made a lot of extra overtime this week. My shop doesn't stock parts and we have a Freightliner dealership down the street. I guess the company would rather use cheap Chinese parts instead of original equipment, they care so much for safety.
They do not stock any parts, it's ridiculous

I hope you don't have to stay around much longer.