Failed breathalyzer

riley45

Because we hear stories like this all of the time. And part of the story is always missing
I understand this. I have been reading through as many forums and threads as I could. But nothing I have read seems to correspond with my situation. As I have stated I am not an angel. I asked for help outside of work and this is where I was directed. I understand I was not supposed to blow over a .02. If you read my original post why would I expect to come in for a urine test knowing I would pass If I didn’t think I would pass a breathalyzer?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
OK, I waited a few weeks because nobody would give me any answers. Is there anyone I should contact such as my labor lawyer, or should I get one outside of the company? As I have said I have been there 16 years and never had an issue. When I admitted I had an issue with alcohol it was outside of work and yes I was a :censored2: for going through UPS. I just needed a way not to back out! I just want to keep my job and I’m asking what I need to do right now.

You waited a few weeks to do what?

I understand this. I have been reading through as many forums and threads as I could. But nothing I have read seems to correspond with my situation. As I have stated I am not an angel. I asked for help outside of work and this is where I was directed. I understand I was not supposed to blow over a .02. If you read my original post why would I expect to come in for a urine test knowing I would pass If I didn’t think I would pass a breathalyzer?
Looks like someone has it in for you.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
10-15 min. Took the mouthwash right before I went in because I was expecting a urine test. Had I known it would have been a breathalyzer I wouldn’t have done it. The only reason I did is because of a new medication my doctor put me on.
you dud the mouth wash because you were drinking

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
10-15 min. Took the mouthwash right before I went in because I was expecting a urine test. Had I known it would have been a breathalyzer I wouldn’t have done it. The only reason I did is because of a new medication my doctor put me on.

What does a urine test have to do with taking mouthwash or not?

riley45

You waited a few weeks to do what?
I have never had this experience before. I have contacted my center manager and my union Steward. I am not familiar with how this works. They said it would be a little while but they would contact me. The reason I am coming here, is because everyone here has more knowledge than I do. I guess I do need to get a lawyer. As I have said I do not wish to lose my job, as I have a house a fiancé and two dogs. It is the collective knowledge of everyone on here that will help me based the decision on where I go from here.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have never had this experience before. I have contacted my center manager and my union Steward. I am not familiar with how this works. They said it would be a little while but they would contact me. The reason I am coming here, is because everyone here has more knowledge than I do. I guess I do need to get a lawyer. As I have said I do not wish to lose my job, as I have a house a fiancé and two dogs. It is the collective knowledge of everyone on here that will help me based the decision on where I go from here.

Are you working or not

riley45

can you not be a drunk and then wonder why you failed the test
Have a nice day sir! I apologize for having a problem outside of work and asking for help before it became an issue. I made a mistake and that’s my fault! I wish nothing but the best for you and your family.

Jkloc420

Have a nice day sir! I apologize for having a problem outside of work and asking for help before it became an issue. I made a mistake and that’s my fault! I wish nothing but the best for you and your family.
The union book explains all this to you. They send you to get help the first time. After they randolmy test you to make sure your following through

riley45

Unless you did the mouthwash and was tested ten minutes later or right after use then no
I will respond one last time for you. I used mouthwash right before I walked in expecting a urine test. Why would I walk in thanking I am going to take a urine test and expect to pass if I don’t think I will pass a breathalyzer? The reason I use the mouthwash is because my doctor put me on a new medicine that causes dry mouth. If you have to know that medicine is called Concerta.

Jkloc420

We had a part time supervisor who was at ups for 20 years. Ended up with a drinking problem, drinking on break etc.. They sent him to get help, he came back and ended up just getting fired

riley45

We had a part time supervisor who was at ups for 20 years. Ended up with a drinking problem, drinking on break etc.. They sent him to get help, he came back and ended up just getting fired
I have seen drivers fired for this as well. We had a driver that used to sit behind a certain store and get drunk on route. I have never once come in under the influence

Jkloc420

I will respond one last time for you. I used mouthwash right before I walked in expecting a urine test. Why would I walk in thanking I am going to take a urine test and expect to pass if I don’t think I will pass a breathalyzer? The reason I use the mouthwash is because my doctor put me on a new medicine that causes dry mouth. If you have to know that medicine is called Concerta.
So is this the first random test they gave u