Failed breathalyzer

riley45

Admitted I had a problem with drinking outside work last year. Completed all of the classes. Have been going to meetings. ASAP called me in for a test before Christmas. I was expecting a urine test which I knew I would pass! Was informed that it was just a breathalyzer, which I knew I would pass! Blew a point .04 and then a point in 0.34. I hadn’t been drinking. Have tried to contact my union steward and center manager. They told me I would just have to wait. I just want to get back to work and have never been inebriated or under the influence at work. Anyone have any advice?

riley45

I asked him if there’s anything else we could do. I have even asked my union stewards if they can do a 72 hour test. No one has taken me up on it

riley45

No. I came in to work at 5:45 in the morning and got out at 8 PM. It was the happiest day of our year. Where do I even have time to drink? I got out ate food showered and went to bed

riley45

The company doesn't need to do anything else. They got what they wanted .
I have been with the company 16 or 17 years. Never had any issues, and never any accidents. I have drivers that are willing toattest to my character. I’m just wondering where to go from here? Do I keep fighting, which is what I want to do! Where do I look for another job? I can only go so long without making an income

Indecisi0n

I have been with the company 16 or 17 years. Never had any issues, and never any accidents. I have drivers that are willing toattest to my character. I’m just wondering where to go from here? Do I keep fighting, which is what I want to do! Where do I look for another job? I can only go so long without making an income
You're dealing with UPS, either get a lawyer or go home. No way around it .

riley45

Did you drink a when bottle.of it?
No, I didn’t drink a bottle of anything. I think it would be pretty bad to drink mouthwash. But I know I didn’t drink the night before and that’s the only thing I can think. I didn’t even drink the night before that. As a UPS driver you know peak season kicks your ass and when you get out or you want to do is eat dinner take a shower and go to bed.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Admitted I had a problem with drinking outside work last year. Completed all of the classes. Have been going to meetings. ASAP called me in for a test before Christmas. I was expecting a urine test which I knew I would pass! Was informed that it was just a breathalyzer, which I knew I would pass! Blew a point .04 and then a point in 0.34. I hadn’t been drinking. Have tried to contact my union steward and center manager. They told me I would just have to wait. I just want to get back to work and have never been inebriated or under the influence at work. Anyone have any advice?
How far apart in time were these .04 and .34 results.
It's up to your union to defend you. You have to convince them to fight for you

riley45

You're dealing with UPS, either get a lawyer or go home. No way around it .
OK, I waited a few weeks because nobody would give me any answers. Is there anyone I should contact such as my labor lawyer, or should I get one outside of the company? As I have said I have been there 16 years and never had an issue. When I admitted I had an issue with alcohol it was outside of work and yes I was a :censored2: for going through UPS. I just needed a way not to back out! I just want to keep my job and I’m asking what I need to do right now.

riley45

How far apart in time were these .04 and .34 results.
It's up to your union to defend you. You have to convince them to fight for you
10-15 min. Took the mouthwash right before I went in because I was expecting a urine test. Had I known it would have been a breathalyzer I wouldn’t have done it. The only reason I did is because of a new medication my doctor put me on.

No, I didn’t drink a bottle of anything. I think it would be pretty bad to drink mouthwash. But I know I didn’t drink the night before and that’s the only thing I can think. I didn’t even drink the night before that. As a UPS driver you know peak season kicks your ass and when you get out or you want to do is eat dinner take a shower and go to bed.
Something made you blow a ,04. That's all I'm saying

riley45

I do appreciate the advice that you guys are giving me! I have to ask, are any of you union stewards? As I’ve said before I justdon’t want to give up a job and I’ve given almost half my life to!