Fed ex logo.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Based on my experience ... piss on your leg.

So Home Delivery is still holding your package for over a week? I would reorder the item again and request another certain shipper.

...........Never mind, I read the other thread you started below.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
a
So Home Delivery is still holding your package for over a week?

This is a recurring issue with FedEx Ground. I understand it from a business perspective but it does get frustrating as a customer.

This time it was a camcorder and it did not get delivered in time for me to use it at the planned time.

I see a package arrive at the Kennesaw center and then it disappears for 2 or 3 days before it gets delivered. I live way out in the country and they let it sit there until other stops in this area accumulate. These are not SmartPost packages.

old levi's

blank space
a

This is a recurring issue with FedEx Ground. I understand it from a business perspective but it does get frustrating as a customer.

This time it was a camcorder and it did not get delivered in time for me to use it at the planned time.

I see a package arrive at the Kennesaw center and then it disappears for 2 or 3 days before it gets delivered. I live way out in the country and they let it sit there until other stops in this area accumulate. These are not SmartPost packages.

Sounds similar to the old remote delivery that was a dismal failure.

HomeDelivery

should ask for Home Delivery instead of Ground... Ground does mostly businesses

you can also call the 800 to have them divert it to the closest post office or fedex office

but back to the dog logo... who knows?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What exactly was the concept of rural remote?

The way that it was supposed to work was if you had only a couple of pkgs for a small town then you were to save them until you had enough to justify driving there. This decision was initially left to the drivers who did a good job with it. Drivers with strong area knowledge would often indirect the pkgs. Mgt then decided to use it as a dispatch tool and would put entire towns under the belt.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The way that it was supposed to work was if you had only a couple of pkgs for a small town then you were to save them until you had enough to justify driving there. This decision was initially left to the drivers who did a good job with it. Drivers with strong area knowledge would often indirect the pkgs. Mgt then decided to use it as a dispatch tool and would put entire towns under the belt.

OK. Thanks for the explanation.

HomeDelivery

better to just let the postal service deliver it since they most likely go there almost daily then...

FedEx calls using the USPS SmartPost :P

I'm guessing UPS has also used the postal service for this as well