Fed Ex Media Campaign - Gloves coming off

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have been a courier with FedEx for 10 years. I have to say I really enjoy my job. About 4 weeks ago our senior manager met with our station and explained the RLA. Many of us had already heard about the change made to the RLA bill and had an idea what it was all about. Of course they told us to checkout brownbailout.com which would explain everything in detail. And it does.
I used to be a pre-loader at UPS 15 years ago. I have to say I didn't care for it. There always seemed to be tension between the drivers and management. No one seemed that happy. This was one of the first differences I noticed when I started at FedEx. Everyone seemed happy and our managers were great. They really tried to help you out. I know we don't make as much as you guys but at least I'm happy. I average about 42 hours a week. If I want overtime I can get it. But I rarely ask for it. I'd rather be at home with the family. The UPS guy (Joe) who runs my neighborhood has been with UPS for 28 years. He passes by my house between 7:00 and 7:30 pm every day. And he tells me he has one of the best routes in his station. Heck, by this time I have already come home and mowed the grass and had dinner. And for the FedEx guys who are posting on here, I can only say you must be disgruntled or you haven't been with FedEx for to long. Yes, we do load our own trucks. Yes, our routes cover more area than A UPS driver. So what? I load 3 trucks every morning. At UPS I loaded 5 and the belt went much faster. I run about 65 stops a day on my route. Those 4 or 5 UPS drivers you see on your route have about 120 stops on each of their trucks....not including the pickups they have to make. And I will tell you this, UPS drivers work a whole lot harder than we do. We have A/C in our trucks, they don't. All of our trucks are automatics. UPS can't say that. Some of their trucks don't even have power steering. Try running a route like that. I can promise you that your back will be killing you at the end of the day. What I'm trying to say is don't just look at the money, you have to take into consideration everything you will lose if teamsters comes in. We get a 75% discount on shipping. They get nothing. We get discounts on airfare, cruises, hotels....etc. They get nothing. And that is exactly what will happen to us if teamsters does come in. To make up for the higher wages FedEx
So just ask yourself why FedEx is always in the top 100 companies to work and UPS is not.

How much Kool-Aid did you drink today anyhow? I strongly suspect you're a fake, just like most of the recent newcomers to the BC. You've got everything to gain by becoming a Teamster. I'll gladly give-up my worthless travel discounts for a sizable raise, decent benefits, and an actual retirement plan. I notice you don't mention any of that in your propaganda.

;

Jack_Burton

Taken from http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jul/09/the-fate-of-fedex/

Senators are considering a bill to reauthorize the Federal Aviation Administration that could foul up overnight delivery for medical patients, the military and every mom-and-pop business in the country. If the bill passes, needed packages absolutely, positively will not be there overnight.

The FAA reauthorization, as passed by the House of Representatives on May 21, contains a 230-word amendment that would apply only to FedEx Express, and that would put the company under onerous labor policies that it never has faced in its 38 years in business. The Senate ought to leave the provision out of its version of the bill.

Like other airline-based businesses, FedEx Express currently operates under the auspices of the Railway Labor Act, which has worked since 1926 to provide for impartial means to resolve labor disputes quickly and fairly without strikes. The House provision, pushed by the Teamsters Union and by rival package deliverer UPS, would make FedEx Express be governed by the National Labor Relations Act -- which effectively could allow one small, local union strike in Any Big Town, USA, to hobble overnight delivery nationwide.

This anti-FedEx provision is a sop to big Democratic donors from the Teamsters and from UPS, who combined have donated more than $164,000 to the provision's House sponsor, Rep. James L. Oberstar, Minnesota Democrat.

Express delivery service is important to countless lives. Nearly 20 percent of FedEx Express' 3.37 million daily deliveries involve critical needs such as key industrial supplies and, more dramatically, overnight drugs and medical equipment. On an average day, this includes more than 8,000 kidney dialysis systems and more than 11,000 in vitro diagnostic substances. FedEx Express also is one of the largest logistic providers for the Department of Defense.

The delivery of business forms, contracts, birthday presents and other items might be less headline-grabbing, but they nonetheless are essential for Americans in our daily work and lives. FedEx Express is a great American success story precisely because it is so reliable -- yet the Oberstar provision could put that reliability at risk, through no fault of the company.

When it comes to overnight delivery service, Congress ought to leave well enough alone.

ups79

So if fedex does strike, another company, UPS has overnight service. I am sure if fedex handles anything time sensitive, UPS can too.

FedEx courier

"So, the question remains... Why is FedEx afraid of the RLA change if employees are like you and would not join the union."

Great point! That is all this situation boils down to,period! Also how can they say it's an airline if they're covering entire states in trucks doing pickups/deliveries. Entire states in trucks:wink2:!

david cassin

dublinbrown
fedexer ups gives its employees 60 % discount on express.i have to disagree with you re the fedex being a better place to work for,if ups wasn't as good the employees would leave after a few weeks.most of the employees are well over the 10-20 year bracket so they must be happy.i seen fedex pull out of europe in 1992 and fedex did sweat friend a for the employees back then,they only came back into europe by 1 vote on your board.your boss Fred S needs to get his head out of the clouds,ups & fedex do exactly the same business who is he trying to fool.americans aren't stupid to believe they do a separate job..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Senators are considering a bill to reauthorize the Federal Aviation Administration that could foul up overnight delivery for medical patients, the military and every mom-and-pop business in the country. If the bill passes, needed packages absolutely, positively will not be there overnight.

The FAA reauthorization, as passed by the House of Representatives on May 21, contains a 230-word amendment that would apply only to FedEx Express, and that would put the company under onerous labor policies that it never has faced in its 38 years in business. The Senate ought to leave the provision out of its version of the bill.

Like other airline-based businesses, FedEx Express currently operates under the auspices of the Railway Labor Act, which has worked since 1926 to provide for impartial means to resolve labor disputes quickly and fairly without strikes. The House provision, pushed by the Teamsters Union and by rival package deliverer UPS, would make FedEx Express be governed by the National Labor Relations Act -- which effectively could allow one small, local union strike in Any Big Town, USA, to hobble overnight delivery nationwide.

This anti-FedEx provision is a sop to big Democratic donors from the Teamsters and from UPS, who combined have donated more than $164,000 to the provision's House sponsor, Rep. James L. Oberstar, Minnesota Democrat.

Express delivery service is important to countless lives. Nearly 20 percent of FedEx Express' 3.37 million daily deliveries involve critical needs such as key industrial supplies and, more dramatically, overnight drugs and medical equipment. On an average day, this includes more than 8,000 kidney dialysis systems and more than 11,000 in vitro diagnostic substances. FedEx Express also is one of the largest logistic providers for the Department of Defense.

The delivery of business forms, contracts, birthday presents and other items might be less headline-grabbing, but they nonetheless are essential for Americans in our daily work and lives. FedEx Express is a great American success story precisely because it is so reliable -- yet the Oberstar provision could put that reliability at risk, through no fault of the company.

When it comes to overnight delivery service, Congress ought to leave well enough alone.

Did Fred S write this piece of crap? What a fabulous piece of GOP journalism.

Broke

So... let me get this straight, if this bill passes we automatically go union, then go on strike. Give me a break, this is such bull **** and I can't believe a reputable newspaper would print such nonsense.