fed-ex plane...

some1else

Banned
fedex plane crash landing in tokyo; 2 pilots dead.

looks like out of a wwII video plane bounces off runway then wings down and fireball. horrible

drewed

Shankman
I just made my own thread if you want to combine Over, in the news thing i just saw it said the condition of the pilots was not known....it was a very violent crash though.

chev

Nightcrawler
Awww man that really sucks.:dissapointed:
I hate stories like this.
It looked like he pulled the nose up right after touchdown and just slammed it back down. Almost like a nasty gust picked it up.
Yea its pretty horrible, they brought down the nose before they touched down, bounced off the nose gear and rotated to its wing
Wow, I looked at it again. You are right. I thought at first they had already touched down the rear landing gear.

drewed

Shankman
They are saying the wind was the cause of this preliminarily....

This event is tragic, and although we're ingrained with the thought fedex is the enemy they are the closest thing we have to family in this inherently dangerous industry and we lost two of brothers today. Best wishes and prayers to the friends and family.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
This event is tragic, and although we're ingrained with the thought FedEx is the enemy they are the closest thing we have to family in this inherently dangerous industry and we lost two of brothers today. Best wishes and prayers to the friends and family.[/quote]

Absolutely agree, very tragic, best wishes to all involved.:sad:

chev

Nightcrawler
They are saying the wind was the cause of this preliminarily....

This event is tragic, and although we're ingrained with the thought fedex is the enemy they are the closest thing we have to family in this inherently dangerous industry and we lost two of brothers today. Best wishes and prayers to the friends and family.

So it may have been what it looked like to me at first. Not that it makes any difference. Two people are dead and that is tragic. I sit here thinking how their families are feeling right now. What a terrible day it is for them and all their friends. Right now nothing else in the world matters. :sad-little: I often think about this when driving all night. I worry about my fellow drivers and hope their night is safe.

airbusfxr

No control close to the ground due to flare. These cannot be landed like a Boeing. UPS has our crew usea DC 8 type procedure to get it on deck. There have been many MD 11, DC10 crashes throughout the years.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Looks like the link has been blocked. Its now unavailable. Prayers to the friends, family and the employees of fedex!

drewed

Shankman
So it may have been what it looked like to me at first.
Watching the video again....at the very beggining it looks lik they had touched down and got brought back up with the wind... Im not going to speculate anymore on this, Ill wait for the official word.