FedEX buying back Ground Routes

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Pretty much obvious the way Smith has things set up that his number one agenda is to keep the union out. The managers will try to tell you otherwise. They're usually the weasel worshipers.

Weasel worshippers....that is freakin' hilarious and definitely could be misconstrued as a double entendre...lmao!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Fred is a one-of-a-kind weasel, a Greasy Memphis Backstabbing Weasel. When managers worship the weasel, do they have to be on their knees?
I heard a rumor UPS has specially made knee pads and hands them out on Day one to them. Just a rumor, though. :winks:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Oh yeah?
I heard that FDX now hands out a special helmet that has handles attached to the sides to all new couriers.

Nick9075

Nick,
Have an account look over the books and have a lawyer look over the FedEx contract and the buyer/seller agreement. Net income is almost always overstated. Ask the owner why he is selling. Retirement, cash for another business investment, or a medical situation are acceptable reasons to sell, but even if th business is not easy ask yourself who walks away from 100k + a year for even 25 hours of very hard work a week? I'm looking at a situation now where the owner is claiming 3k a week net and has a manager running the show and he still wants to sell. Also keep in mind that for the number of FedEx ground routes in the US a small number come up for sale.

I don't think I am going to go thru with this. They (the sellers) want the 275k upfront upon signing the letter of intent and to sign a promissory note for the remainder with only 2 weeks of training/transition. Only 'out' would be if I didn't get approved as an ISP by Fedex. Neither myself or the sellers have attorneys and obviously the broker represents the seller.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think I am going to go thru with this. They (the sellers) want the 275k upfront upon signing the letter of intent and to sign a promissory note for the remainder with only 2 weeks of training/transition. Only 'out' would be if I didn't get approved as an ISP by Fedex. Neither myself or the sellers have attorneys and obviously the broker represents the seller.

You are planning on becoming an ISP and spend in excess of $300K and you have yet to retain an attorney?? I guess the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted" is true after all. Walk away.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
There's better business ventures out there.

For that kind of money start your own business, not one that's dominated by FedEx corporate.

dvalleyjim

After 18 yrs. contracting for Fedex Ground, for 300,000 there are better opportunities out their. On the other hand if you want to hire me to manage your routes it would be a good investment and you wouldn't even have to show up. \

What I mean is, you have to know the Fedex ground game, and it is a game, of how to keep contracted and profitable. An outsider would have a huge learning curve and risk losing his/her investment.

On the other hand, returns with Ground can be better than any other investment out their now.

bbsam

Staff member
After 18 yrs. contracting for Fedex Ground, for 300,000 there are better opportunities out their. On the other hand if you want to hire me to manage your routes it would be a good investment and you wouldn't even have to show up. \

What I mean is, you have to know the Fedex ground game, and it is a game, of how to keep contracted and profitable. An outsider would have a huge learning curve and risk losing his/her investment.

On the other hand, returns with Ground can be better than any other investment out their now.
And you are no longer contracting with them because...?

Nick9075

You are planning on becoming an ISP and spend in excess of $300K and you have yet to retain an attorney?? I guess the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted" is true after all. Walk away.

The only thing I lost so far is around $20 from gas & tolls driving to the terminal Saturday morning.. It just seemed a bit 'shady' - I can't describe it but I just don't have the comfort level to give a check for $275,000 (and seller holding note for rest) without any legal representation and no escrow account. The only way I could get out of it afterward is if Fedex didn't approve the ISP but the sellers are telling me they would give me their business plan and to just change the names.

dvalleyjim

I still contract with them. I've been doing it for 18 yrs. Why do you think I no longer contract with them. I'm just saying for 300,000 you could open a "real" business that you own. Not one where they pretend you own it but have total control of everything you do. I guess franchises work that way to. Might want to steer clear of them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I still contract with them. I've been doing it for 18 yrs. Why do you think I no longer contract with them. I'm just saying for 300,000 you could open a "real" business that you own. Not one where they pretend you own it but have total control of everything you do. I guess franchises work that way to. Might want to steer clear of them.

Your first post said "After 18 years of contracting..." which would lead one to believe that you are no longer contracting.

bbsam

Staff member
And you suggested that you could be hired to manage Nick's business so one would assume you did not have obligations with your present contract and thus would be free to relocate if need be. So I assume you find contracting with them profitable if not without irritation?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

"They pretend you own it but have total control over everything you do". Kind of sounds like FedEx runs the show, doesn't it?

bbsam

Staff member
"They pretend you own it but have total control over everything you do". Kind of sounds like FedEx runs the show, doesn't it?

You'd think he'd leave if he really felt that way or it wasn't financially worth it, don't you think?