FedEx driver accused of abduction murder of 7 year old girl

How many of you poor delivery drivers are going to catch the brunt of public outrage...woulden't supriise me if an angry public takes it's anger out on some unsuspecting innocent driver...

I condone the angry public taking it out on lowly drivers. Most of them are low key child touchers. The opportunity to plunder and steal packages would be too good to pass up. Ratchet up the violence please

zeev

News story FedEx propaganda machine is at work. Just saw a news story murderer is reported as a FedEx contract driver. Sleazy Freddy is already trying to distance the company.

zeev

FedEx hired a cheap criminal to deliver in a FedEx truck with a FedEx packages, FedEx tracker , and FedEx billing and support and now look in the corner it’s says operated by Joes courier service blame Joe all his fault. Sleazy Freddy

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I respect UPS and their union, but making a person work PT for 5 years is crazy-ten years is beyond crazy. A vast majority of people won't stick around that long. That's probably why they lowered it to "only" 5 years. From what I've gathered it's 5 years as a package handler isn't it? Five years of hard, back breaking work at a low wage. I'm assuming you work at a UPS station and not a different industry since this is a UPS/FedEx forum. I've heard some of the linehaul drivers have to wait 30 years or so to get to that position. That would be crazy. You're almost at retirement age by the time you get to linehaul. I'm sure many of the UPS' handlers are more dedicated to their job since they want to move up. At Express we have a lot of college kids working as package handers or just young people wanting extra cash, but not a career. You can pretty much start out at any position and not have to work your way up like at UPS.
SMH
8D71E8A2-66B2-4EED-A06A-848654B6BA0D.jpeg

bacha29

Did you guys hear or read Fat Freddy's response to this egregious act of barbarism? As you might expect X went on telling about how bad it feels about what happened but in the very same breath pointed out the fact that it contracts with many "independent companies" but the employees of those companies have to undergo background checks. Gee, I they you were all part of the Fedex "family" .

And as always. Praise the Lord, pass the buck and look the other way.

This, IMO, is a clear example of corporate profits over public safety. The company knows that people trust delivery drivers, they also know that delivery drivers are given access to people and their homes in a way that others are not.

By going to independent contractors, who then can hire the lowest cost delivery driver, without regard to background checks or criminal convictions they are recklessly endangering the public. If they were still color differentiating Ground from Express maybe they would be believed that this was not them (Express) but they want to give the impression that it is all the same when it is not. This time I think it may hurt them, if the average person can't see a difference between FedEx Corporate Drivers and subcontractor drivers, the corporation will be liable for the acts of the contractor and the contractors employee.

I would be hopeful that this might change their practices but as we know, PPP in now just Profit Profit Profit.

How many of you poor delivery drivers are going to catch the brunt of public outrage...woulden't supriise me if an angry public takes it's anger out on some unsuspecting innocent driver...
Express drivers catch the brunt of ground failures daily.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Did you guys hear or read Fat Freddy's response to this egregious act of barbarism? As you might expect X went on telling about how bad it feels about what happened but in the very same breath pointed out the fact that it contracts with many "independent companies" but the employees of those companies have to undergo background checks. Gee, I they you were all part of the Fedex "family" .

And as always. Praise the Lord, pass the buck and look the other way.
Independent company that drives a FedEx branded vehicle using FedEx branded uniforms delivering FedEx packages. Fred has no idea why people think it’s FedEx.

El Correcto

god is dead
FedEx isn’t wrong imo.
Feel free to disagree but the individual could pass a background check. HR isn’t going door to door in this fools neighborhood to find out the gossip about him. That would be unreasonable requirement for a company to hire someone.

It’s absolutely disgusting and my thoughts are with that little girls mother and father who probably still have her Xmas gifts stashed in the house absolutely destroyed right now.

I praise law enforcement for their quick response and hope the death penalty on this sicko.
He needs to be put down like the animal he is.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
News story FedEx propaganda machine is at work. Just saw a news story murderer is reported as a FedEx contract driver. Sleazy Freddy is already trying to distance the company.
Every news story says he was on the job for FedEx. Unfortunately, people will be looking at FedEx drivers differently now like they are the Manson family. Pull the switch on this creep if convicted.

Last edited:

bacha29

Every news story says he was on the job for FedEx. Unfortunately, people will be looking at FedEx drivers differently now like they are the Manson family. Pull the switch on this creep if convicted.

But come Monday FDX will transact business in exactly the same manner as it does every other Monday because in their opinion this happened to some other company not them.

Now will it result in legislation that limits the use of "independent contractors" from a standpoint of where and when they can be used along with a narrower legal definition of just exactly what is an "independent contractor" ?

Some type of legislation along those lines might be introduced in the Senate but even if it were to make it through the Senate the House will kill it in committee no matter how meritorious or how many lives it might save for no other reason that to score a political victory.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
But come Monday FDX will transact business in exactly the same manner as it does every other Monday because in their opinion this happened to some other company not them.

Now will it result in legislation that limits the use of "independent contractors" from a standpoint of where and when they can be used along with a narrower legal definition of just exactly what is an "independent contractor" ?

Some type of legislation along those lines might be introduced in the Senate but even if it were to make it through the Senate the House will kill it in committee no matter how meritorious or how many lives it might save for no other reason that to score a political victory.
Sucks for FedEx. All people see now is kid snatchers.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When?
In your opinion, why didn't they introduce that legislation when they had control of the house and the Senate?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
As others have said, a child killer is the lowest of the low in the prison hierarchy. This guy will be lucky to last a week. I’d bet the guards won’t be watching him too closely.
Yes indeed.

Even convicted prisoners have their ‘standards.’