FedEx driver accused of abduction murder of 7 year old girl

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Independent company that drives a FedEx branded vehicle using FedEx branded uniforms delivering FedEx packages. Fred has no idea why people think it’s FedEx.
Fred’s a world class idiot.

Anyone who would spend years building up the brand and then to trash it all with the Ground business model is a few bricks short of a load.

All these problems stem from his deep-seated fear of unions, plain and simple.

It will be fine

And that makes it ok, huh? Geez, you must be a FedEx employee.
Who said it was ok? I’m saying the hysterical nonsense that somehow Ground drivers don’t have to pass a background check because they work for contractors is stupid. They pass the same background check as UPS drivers. This isn’t a result of applicant screening, it’s a random crazy person that could have been working anywhere.

bacha29

When?
In your opinion, why didn't they introduce that legislation when they had control of the house and the Senate?
Indeed. When the GOP had control of both the House and Senate they could have done something about this festering problem of what is an "independent contractor" and when and where is it safe to use them?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When?
In your opinion, why didn't they introduce that legislation when they had control of the house and the Senate?
So what's your answer?
Democrats have control of both houses and have for two years. Why didn't they introduce the legislation?

Are you going to dodge the question?
Why don't you go ahead and skip to the part where this is all somehow about vantexan's medical bills.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This, IMO, is a clear example of corporate profits over public safety. The company knows that people trust delivery drivers, they also know that delivery drivers are given access to people and their homes in a way that others are not.

By going to independent contractors, who then can hire the lowest cost delivery driver, without regard to background checks or criminal convictions they are recklessly endangering the public. If they were still color differentiating Ground from Express maybe they would be believed that this was not them (Express) but they want to give the impression that it is all the same when it is not. This time I think it may hurt them, if the average person can't see a difference between FedEx Corporate Drivers and subcontractor drivers, the corporation will be liable for the acts of the contractor and the contractors employee.

I would be hopeful that this might change their practices but as we know, PPP in now just Profit Profit Profit.

How many of you poor delivery drivers are going to catch the brunt of public outrage...woulden't supriise me if an angry public takes it's anger out on some unsuspecting innocent driver...
UPS drivers are generally trusted by the public, although some look like ex cons now. Lol

thedownhillEXPRESS

So what's your answer?
Democrats have control of both houses and have for two years. Why didn't they introduce the legislation?

Are you going to dodge the question?
Why don't you go ahead and skip to the part where this is all somehow about vantexan's medical bills.
The Dems are at least trying. The comment period for this ends December 13th.
Maybe we should all comment with a link to the Texas girls murder.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

thedownhillEXPRESS

The Dems are at least trying. The comment period for this ends December 13th.
Maybe we should all comment with a link to the Texas girls murder.

And I just did exactly that . You can get there from here: Federal Register :: Request Access

It takes a bit of searching still , try filtering by last 90 days searching for Department of Transportation independent contractors PROPOSED RULE on the link you’ll take from this link. It doesn’t let me link you right to the comment section. It recommends not putting in personal identifying information as it could be exposed . I made a name up but kept the same city .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I’m not sure that’s correct, it could be but what I see is it first to rescind the Trump administration rule and replace it with a different one than the Obama era idk.
There was a 6 prong test to determine independence. The Trump administration changed it to 2 prongs. The proposal is changing it back to 6.

I will note it isn't a bill from the democrat controlled house and senate bacha was dreaming into existence.

thedownhillEXPRESS

There was a 6 prong test to determine independence. The Trump administration changed it to 2 prongs. The proposal is changing it back to 6.

I will note it isn't a bill from the democrat controlled house and senate bacha was dreaming into existence.
Yes but despite the title of this article if you read the whole thing it is different and the lawyer talks about how certain language has been inserted to hold up in court.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes but despite the title of this article if you read the whole thing it is different and the lawyer talks about how certain language has been inserted to hold up in court.

So it's the same as it ever was, except they added some slightly different wording that will result in a bunch of new litigation.

Okay.
Not really surprising. The legal industry donated almost 100 million dollars to Democrats over the last two years.

Theoneandonly24

This makes me think how fed ex drivers work because I keep hearing “contractor” are the fed ex drivers that I see through out the nation not working for fed ex but for a guy that owns a route? So the driver doesn’t get any benefits or anything from fed ex? The guy who owns the route controls how much he pays the driver(meaning by the day, by the hour, by the package) ?? I’m assuming there’s no interview with fed ex HR when you apply for the job. It’s more of an interview with the owner of the route?