FedEx driver accused of abduction murder of 7 year old girl

zeev

This makes me think how fed ex drivers work because I keep hearing “contractor” are the fed ex drivers that I see through out the nation not working for fed ex but for a guy that owns a route? So the driver doesn’t get any benefits or anything from fed ex? The guy who owns the route controls how much he pays the driver(meaning by the day, by the hour, by the package) ?? I’m assuming there’s no interview with fed ex HR when you apply for the job. It’s more of an interview with the owner of the route?
You got it, FedEx all over everything but it’s a scam to avoid labor laws and any responsibility for drivers.

fatboy33

The Dems are at least trying. The comment period for this ends December 13th.
Maybe we should all comment with a link to the Texas girls murder.

You guys still believe there's two parties in American politics? It's the WWE. It's all scripted, the good guy verses the bad and Vince McMahon(The millionaires and Billionaire donors to both parties) is the one getting his way.

thedownhillEXPRESS

This makes me think how fed ex drivers work because I keep hearing “contractor” are the fed ex drivers that I see through out the nation not working for fed ex but for a guy that owns a route? So the driver doesn’t get any benefits or anything from fed ex? The guy who owns the route controls how much he pays the driver(meaning by the day, by the hour, by the package) ?? I’m assuming there’s no interview with fed ex HR when you apply for the job. It’s more of an interview with the owner of the route?
Kind of. The contractors have “areas”.
They incorporate as something like “I’ll shank yo ass incorporated” and hire their own employees.
Some of them are large multi state operations and some probably have just a few. Been compared to a Ponzi scheme or speculative form of investment at times. And of course they are all independent and don’t rely on FedEx except that’s the only company they contract with, their vehicles say FEDEX and their employees can’t wear “ I’ll shank yo ass incorporated “ uniforms but FedEx ones.

Last edited:

bacha29

So what's your answer?
Democrats have control of both houses and have for two years. Why didn't they introduce the legislation?

Are you going to dodge the question?
Why don't you go ahead and skip to the part where this is all somehow about vantexan's medical bills.
And you're not answering the question of why the GOP did nothing ? Like Harry Truman said. The GOP is a do nothing party. They've controlled both houses of congress in plenty of years and have had more than enough time to narrow the definition of what is an "independent contractor" and in what sectors of the economy where they can be used.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Kind of. The contractors have “areas”. They incorporate as something like “I’ll shank yo ass incorporated” and hire their own employees . Some of them are large multi state operations and some probably have just a few. Been compared to a Ponzi scheme or speculative form of investment for some. And of course they are all independent and don’t rely on FedEx except that’s the only company they contract with, their vehicles say FEDEX and their employees can’t wear “ I’ll shank yo ass incorporated “ uniforms but FedEx ones.
And this only (for now) applies to the FedEx GROUND drivers you see. Express work for FedEx corp.

bacha29

You guys still believe there's two parties in American politics? It's the WWE. It's all scripted, the good guy verses the bad and Vince McMahon(The millionaires and Billionaire donors to both parties) is the one getting his way.
If these new set of qualifying conditions become law then I think Fat Freddy needs to lawyer up because the actions are going to come flying at in a manner that makes prior class actions look like a minor disagreement.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And you're not answering the question of why the GOP did nothing ? Like Harry Truman said. The GOP is a do nothing party. They've controlled both houses of congress in plenty of years and have had more than enough time to narrow the definition of what is an "independent contractor" and in what sectors of the economy where they can be used.
Why would they do that?

I know why Democrats would... because they say they are pro worker. But despite having both houses they did nothing on this issue. That's called being hypocrites.

But why would they when people like you keep making excuses for them.

bacha29

Why would they do that?

I know why Democrats would... because they say they are pro worker. But despite having both houses they did nothing on this issue. That's called being hypocrites.

But why would they when people like you keep making excuses for them.
And here you are doing exactly the same thing in behalf of the GOP. If doing nothing is good governance for the GOP then it's also good enough for the Dems.

This isn't a Republican or Democrat issue. Fact is both parties are in bed with one another to scalp the American taxpayers. All 535 members of Congress need to be forcibly removed and rotting in jail cells.

bacha29

This post is full of idiots that don’t have any knowledge of the hiring process to work for a Ground contractor. They are using this tragedy to further their narrative of “Ground bad” because it lets them feel superior to someone.
Don't be surprised if a whole new and much more stringent and costly background checks including a psychological profile be required if they want to handle FXG freight.

yadig

This post is full of idiots that don’t have any knowledge of the hiring process to work for a Ground contractor. They are using this tragedy to further their narrative of “Ground bad” because it lets them feel superior to someone.
It’s ground that’s been in the news a lot lately. I mean rape, murder are kinda serious and let’s not forget all the boxes in hollers!

El Correcto

god is dead
Yeah don’t really see why you got to throw FedEx under the bus or discuss National level politics over an idiot doing this kind of thing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And here you are doing exactly the same thing in behalf of the GOP.
Nope.
Never did that.
You're the only one defending screwing over workers, with your unconditional support of Democrats.

They just screwed over the railroad workers, I'll bet you defend that too. Sad.
If doing nothing is good governance for the GOP then it's also good enough for the Dems.
If Democrats did nothing, the railroad workers would be on strike right now. Instead Democrats intervened and used their majority to force a contract on them that employees voted against.

Government doing nothing sounds great to me.

bacha29

Nope.
Never did that.
You're the only one defending screwing over workers, with your unconditional support of Democrats.

They just screwed over the railroad workers, I'll bet you defend that too. Sad.

If Democrats did nothing, the railroad workers would be on strike right now. Instead Democrats intervened and used their majority to force a contract on them that employees voted against.

Government doing nothing sounds great to me.
Heeding the advice of numerous economists that a rail strike would have a severe impact on supply chains leading to a potentially severe recession Congress voted to order the rail unions to take the deal . Eight of the twelve unions had already ratified the deal.

Another example of the tough decisions facing elected officials today. It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't . Condemned and demonized no matter what you do. Congress and the president would have been blamed for not taking action when the impact of a nationwide rail strike impacted Americans many of whom know nothing else but their sheltered little worlds.

And among the many things you "conservatives" don't think about is the fact that US coal exports to the EU has more than doubled in order to replace shutoff Russian gas. And how does it get to the ports?.....Rail.

Now if you were in Congress and had a vote....what would you do?