FedEx Express NON-DOT Courier

vantexan

If the ONLY growth you would receive was the increase of your 5 best years, you are still better off with the portable on top of your traditional. If your traditional increased by $250 a month under your example, that is $3000 per year. You live 20 years after retirement, that is 60k more in traditional payments. Are you not gonna have more than 60k in your portable when you retire? Remember that the $250 increase is very generous. I would bet your increase would be more like $150 at most.
P.S. If you had stuck with the traditional plan you would have not only gotten a slightly bigger traditional pension but you would have gotten the extra 4% a year for 5 years. On your pay guessing that's an extra $13-14k into your portable pension.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Hate filled? No that's realistic. Sorry but the days of starting this job at 22 and staying for 30 years are long gone.

And quite frankly the days of starting ANY job at 21 and staying for 30 years are long gone. That's something people no longer do or even want
I started at Ground at 40, today my boss and another contractor watched me walk 25 feet to the end of the belt, walk down the stairs and walk 25 feet back instead of taking a roughly 30" jump off the platform to be at the same spot. They were laughing so hard when I got back to them, they called me "Ol Dog"

Purplepackage

I started at Ground at 40, today my boss and another contractor watched me walk 25 feet to the end of the belt, walk down the stairs and walk 25 feet back instead of taking a roughly 30" jump off the platform to be at the same spot. They were laughing so hard when I got back to them, they called me "Ol Dog"

I mean honestly that's the proper way to get down, doesn't matter if your 20 or 40.

I've been with express over 25 years but I actually just put a bid in on a part time FO route out in Colorado, looks like I'll be dead before I stop working

BootsOnTarmac

OSHA: "Riser height shall be from 6 to 7.5 inches (15.24 to 19.05 center manager)"

Riser height of stairs, up or down. The young bucks can do what they want, but when you have a drop of roughly 30" you need to work safely and find the stairs, as you have done. If anyone including my boss / contractor / Etc., laughed and called me an "Ol Dog" I would arrange a meeting with a manager and their senior and maybe HR for a spanking session. Always put it in writing, preferably by corporate email.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The older you get, the smarter you work. Saves the body that way.

Plus, you broke your leg months ago. You'd be a fool to do anything else but walk around at this point.

whenIgetthere

The real fun was selling our home that we've lived in for almost as long as I've worked here. Finding it out that it's worth almost 150k more than we paid for it thanks to the apparent rising prices of homes

Same here, when I transferred, sold my house for more than $200k more than we built it for twenty years before. With the drop in market level, came in handy till I went back FT.

Purplepackage

Same here, when I transferred, sold my house for more than $200k more than we built it for twenty years before. With the drop in market level, came in handy till I went back FT.

At this point in my life i dont plan on going FT again. Think ill stay PT and work on my side ventures that make me a pretty decent amount for being side jobs.

Of course i might have to go back FT to pay for the big diesel truck i convinced my wife that i need, it is colorado after all

Purplepackage

When do you start in Colo? Just in time for the snow?

I should find out this week if I got it(though realistically I know did). So yeah we should be out there just in time for a nice Colorado winter. We also just found a nice house in Colorado Springs, it's a foreclosure and very nice deal

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
The real fun was selling our home that we've lived in for almost as long as I've worked here. Finding it out that it's worth almost 150k more than we paid for it thanks to the apparent rising prices of homes
I left Denver in early 1995, always intending to get back there ASAP. Do I miss the Arvada to Tech Center commute? NO! When we sent the youngest off to college a few years back, I investigated front range FDX-G opportunities. If I had my same job now anywhere between the Springs and Ft Collins I'd have to pull down at least $1000 more/month gross. And then yes, I am in UPS range of salary, but is anyone willing to let me drive between zero and 100 stops/week? I highly doubt it.

I'd have to memorize the entire state, each unmarked road and know every dog in the state to land my current deal elsewhere.

That's a hard sell when you turn 50 and laugh at some of the crap coming off the IC cart too.