Fedex Ground Are Fedex Employee's. California 9th Circuit Ruling.

bbsam

Staff member
Since you bogus answered...technically you can buy your fuel anywhere you want to also, wow. At the end of the day, you load trucks and drop off boxes, same as an Express driver. Which is how Ex built their empire. Just because Ex decides to paint a white duck blue, doesn't make a blue duck, only one in the room that thinks that is Ex. Only Ex fundamentally disagrees on the decision once the curtain is pulled back on the issue and the truth is shown. This is about "control" if Ex is allowed to operate this way, then the entire industry must be allowed to operate this way if they choose. What federal or state ruling has stated that. Ex picks the words they use from a ruling, never the full statement. You are the pied piper for your crowd of don't care, I got mine, screw you bunch, except your notes are now playing out of tune. How's that route value doing, I'm sure the masses are lining up to take that cash cow that you supervise off your hands. Judge in Estrada case also said pay up, DRIVERS have waited long enough! What judge ever said they CAN use such a model? Scope of review has happened in Cali, how many IC scams there have been sued just this year alone?
"Control". A vague term that lawmakers refuse to amend and leave to the subjectivity of individual courts. Until that changes, nothing changes.

bbsam

Staff member
And X isn't the only company to operate this way. Many companies do. In fact, UPS could and would if not for the union.

M I Indy

And X isn't the only company to operate this way. Many companies do. In fact, UPS could and would if not for the union.

The others that operate this way are being sued too, slowly but surely. As you said you can straight line any way you wish, but, you must do it EVERYDAY Ex does business, under their rules. If you had an opportunity to deliver something for better pay while doing your route for Ex, why should you be locked out of it as long as their is no interference with your Ex work and you have the room to do so? Yet Ex can cut a deal for themselves using your back, such as dedicating a day to deliver a special item to thousands, millions, and back up freight to bury you the next day. UPS could and would if not for the union? You are stating that as fact, where are your facts to support that. Keep reaching into the air for your info, you're bound to get lucky one these times.

M I Indy

You might want to transfer your management service to Cuba, they serve the same Kool-aid as Ex, since you seem to embrace both of their Communistic worker beliefs. As long as you get yours, right.

bbsam

Staff member
You might want to transfer your management service to Cuba, they serve the same Kool-aid as Ex, since you seem to embrace both of their Communistic worker beliefs. As long as you get yours, right.
Do you even know what a communist is?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Control". A vague term that lawmakers refuse to amend and leave to the subjectivity of individual courts. Until that changes, nothing changes.

Funny, the court didn't seem to find the degree of control to be vague. Try again, Sammy.

bbsam

Staff member
Funny, the court didn't seem to find the degree of control to be vague. Try again, Sammy.
Don't be so narrow minded. Look at all the different lawsuits and all the different rulings. Has to be vague or this all would have been settled years ago.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But generally government accepts bids from contractors to do a certain job and when the job is finished that independent contractor looks for other situations. FedEx Ground is an ongoing situation where "contractors" look and act and are controlled just like regular employees without the pay and benefits regular employees receive. Granted in your situation you've built up a business with your own employees, you aren't a single route contractor. But even then it could be argued you are a manager over people who look and act like regular employees, and are regulated to the point that they are employees without the pay and benefits employees receive. By the way the judge who ruled against FedEx was appointed by Reagan.

Great post, van. I love that fact that the judge was a Reagan appointee...just makes it sweeter.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't be so narrow minded. Look at all the different lawsuits and all the different rulings. Has to be vague or this all would have been settled years ago.

Look in the mirror if you want to see "narrow-minded". You can only see the Ground model from your perspective, which is as someone who profits handsomely from it.

bbsam

Staff member
Look in the mirror if you want to see "narrow-minded". You can only see the Ground model from your perspective, which is as someone who profits handsomely from it.
You continue to look at the wrong thing. Look at the law and tell me that isn't obviously and purposefully vague.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You continue to look at the wrong thing. Look at the law and tell me that isn't obviously and purposefully vague.

Not vague enough to get FedEx of the hook. Long-term, maybe you should get rid of those routes now before it all comes down on top of you. Fred will gladly crap al over you, say he doesn't know you or ever heard of you, and then toss you directly beneath the speeding bus.

He is such a good guy.

bbsam

Staff member
Not vague enough to get FedEx of the hook. Long-term, maybe you should get rid of those routes now before it all comes down on top of you. Fred will gladly crap al over you, say he doesn't know you or ever heard of you, and then toss you directly beneath the speeding bus.

He is such a good guy.
Then I can be a courier...just...like...you.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually, I could never be a manager for that very reason....my conscience wouldn't abide it. But, shame on you for being part of Ground...a pure scam.
There's a lot in the United States laws that I don't like. I'm not going to castrate myself over it though. I'll continue as an ISP. I'll take every legal tax break I can. I certainly don't apologize for it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What is a FedEx Ground Independent Service Provider?

Go here to get FedEx explanation:
http://www.buildagroundbiz.com/documents/Grow with FedEx Ground Brochure_090111.pdf

Under the ISP Model, each ISP Candidate (in other words, a business seeking to enter into an ISP Agreement)
negotiates an ISP Agreement with FedEx Ground for a CSA. The ISP Agreement is a legally-enforceable contract
that sets forth the business objectives of the ISP and FedEx Ground and summarizes the rights and obligations of
both parties. Many of the provisions of the ISP Agreement are based on requirements that are mandated by the U.S.
Department of Transportation and its corresponding regulations.
Under the ISP Agreement, an ISP has the flexibility to negotiate many contract terms that best fit business and
service area needs. For example, ISP Candidates have the option to choose whether to use FedEx Ground logos on
all or some vehicles and whether to outfit employee-drivers in FedEx Ground uniforms, in exchange for negotiated
brand promotion fees.