FedEx Ground

MAKAVELI

Or embrace it and design a plan to quickly train and get productivity out of people with little experience. If you can get the same productivity out of a 2 month employee that you do from a 10 year veteran turnover is not a real problem.
A 2 month employee is almost never as productive as a veteran. They usually don't know there a hole from a hole in the ground. Lol:happy2:

McFeely

Huge Member
A 2 month employee is almost never as productive as a veteran. They usually don't know there a hole from a hole in the ground. Lol:happy2:

The current Ground guy on my route still doesn’t know how to drive either. He’s been on the route 6 months.

Parks nose-in at receiving areas, parks facing oncoming traffic on double-yellow roads, has already struck one parked car, and accused of grabbing the ass of a customer of ours.

Oh he also talks on his cell phone at pickups and smokes during them too.

He makes me look good at least.

XEQaF

Or embrace it and design a plan to quickly train and get productivity out of people with little experience. If you can get the same productivity out of a 2 month employee that you do from a 10 year veteran turnover is not a real problem.
images

When employers have the luxury of knowing there are people lined up to work, turnover isn't a threat. There will come a time when people question why such a great turnover. This spills over to your customers' confidence and trust when they see someone new every other month

It will be fine

Sorry to burst your bubble. I had a couple guys I hired in November for peak that both were able to knock out 250-300 stops a day in December. This job just isn’t that complicated.

bacha29

Sorry to burst your bubble. I had a couple guys I hired in November for peak that both were able to knock out 250-300 stops a day in December. This job just isn’t that complicated.
How many yards did they have to drive in a day? Let's see them do that when it's 70 miles to your first stop and it ain't no interstate and a route that will only chew through 250 miles on a short run day if you're lucky.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Their routes probably doesn't have rural areas... so his delivery drivers can maintain that level of production, new or veteran.

When I was done early yesterday 1700, I sent out a group text via scanner and all the other drivers were ok & will be clocked out at 1900, so I went straight home with my rental van (45 minute drive).

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
How many yards did they have to drive in a day? Let's see them do that when it's 70 miles to your first stop and it ain't no interstate and a route that will only chew through 250 miles on a short run day if you're lucky.

Why should he care about a hypothetical scenario that he doesn't have to face?

bacha29

Why should he care about a hypothetical scenario that he doesn't have to face?
And why should any rural box hauler care about how many stops a metropolitan based contractor gets done in a day? . News flash Dano ! The nation is not just one great big city.