FedEx Ground

Mutineer

Increases can be negotiated on bonuses, performance, and to keep up with cost of living inflation whatever the national average is 2%. I just believe that if you develop a good team, that understand they are valued, turnover won't be an issue where you have to increase dollars to attract people. If you're a contractor with deep pockets you should look at investing in a benefits package that will help retain good people too

FedEx Ground cannot be turned into Utopia. Or caricatures resembling a Norman Rockwell painting. You know better. Yer just busting balls.

When "turnover" is considered an issue, and good help gets hard to find, all smart businesses and employers in the United States will respond accordingly....

...by screeching "weee neeed mooore werrrkers!"

...and bribing and lobbying for more immigrants and open borders.

...and NPR will start up their propaganda machine, spew their nauseous narrative, and weave more tales to tell us all about it.

bbsam

Staff member
It'd be nice if his buddies said they would see you Tuesday as well.

Exactly what is your contingency?
Will you fire them all?

Remember where you've been, think of the lesser than you.
Are you going to take him back on Tuesday?
Yes or No
Your mind is already made up, Will you prove yourself a forgiving person as you've been forgiven or will you show him you're the man?
Simple questions, I know you've already plotted your path.

Till Tuesday voices carry
Sure. I’ll take him back. Yesterday will simply go down as a 1 day unpaid suspension. I’m well enough staffed to let him go and twist on the gallows of unemployment but there’s no real reason for that. I’ll work with people but they gotta work with me too. Sometimes I get the feeling I’m supposed to schedule work around their lives and I’m not really into that.

floridays

Sure. I’ll take him back. Yesterday will simply go down as a 1 day unpaid suspension. I’m well enough staffed to let him go and twist on the gallows of unemployment but there’s no real reason for that. I’ll work with people but they gotta work with me too. Sometimes I get the feeling I’m supposed to schedule work around their lives and I’m not really into that.
It's all understood, your previous response just sounded kinda cocky, kinda pricked me, I hate seeing a guy lose his job even if he walks away in a moment of stupidity or whatever. Everyone has their stresses, glad you notice it. No sense in helping a guy ruin his life.
Haven't asked you for awhile, how's your favorite turf, how are your soccer fields?

bbsam

Staff member
It's all understood, your previous response just sounded kinda cocky, kinda pricked me, I hate seeing a guy lose his job even if he walks away in a moment of stupidity or whatever. Everyone has their stresses, glad you notice it. No sense in helping a guy ruin his life.
Haven't asked you for awhile, how's your favorite turf, how are your soccer fields?
The turf has me feeling both elated and depressed. The grass itself is outstanding. It’s been fertilized, watered and is a gorgeous vibrant green.
The problem is that there are no wear patterns. No divots, no tracks of hundreds of parents and siblings marching to and fro. Because let’s be honest, that’s what those fields are there for and it seems that all will remain quiet all summer long.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The turf has me feeling both elated and depressed. The grass itself is outstanding. It’s been fertilized, watered and is a gorgeous vibrant green.
The problem is that there are no wear patterns. No divots, no tracks of hundreds of parents and siblings marching to and fro. Because let’s be honest, that’s what those fields are there for and it seems that all will remain quiet all summer long.

You left out the biggest loss-----no soccer Moms. :)

bacha29

"Bad turnover" is in the eye of the employer. There's turnover in every line of work. If whatever rate of turnover isn't causing problems for an employer, there's no reason for him to increase pay to reduce it. Why spend good money to fix something that isn't a problem?
'Bad turnover" is when people walk out the door and there's nobody walking in the door to take their place. And that has been the undoing of many a contractor.

floridays

Understood, hopefully they'll be tearing them up soon. Take care.

XEQaF

FedEx Ground cannot be turned into Utopia. Or caricatures resembling a Norman Rockwell painting. You know better. Yer just busting balls.

When "turnover" is considered an issue, and good help gets hard to find, all smart businesses and employers in the United States will respond accordingly....

...by screeching "weee neeed mooore werrrkers!"

...and bribing and lobbying for more immigrants and open borders.

...and NPR will start up their propaganda machine, spew their nauseous narrative, and weave more tales to tell us all about it.
No FXG isn't built that way indeed. For a contractor it's up to him, then, to research why there's a turnover and work to alleviate or at best slow down that exodus

It will be fine

No FXG isn't built that way indeed. For a contractor it's up to him, then, to research why there's a turnover and work to alleviate or at best slow down that exodus
Or embrace it and design a plan to quickly train and get productivity out of people with little experience. If you can get the same productivity out of a 2 month employee that you do from a 10 year veteran turnover is not a real problem.

It will be fine

Even when you factor in training costs?
It’s baked in. Either my lead drivers are training a new guy or helping clean up other stuff. If they’re training, the other guys don’t get as much relief but revenue is the same, wages are lower because new hires get paid less, truck costs are lower with the lead not driving. It works out fine if you plan for and expect turnover. It can still become excessive but in general it’s not a big deal.

Gone fishin

Or embrace it and design a plan to quickly train and get productivity out of people with little experience. If you can get the same productivity out of a 2 month employee that you do from a 10 year veteran turnover is not a real problem.
That’s not realistic. Why not just pay them in ham sandwiches.
Millennials don’t like physical labor

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The job isn’t very difficult. It doesn’t take long to train. Sorry if that makes you regret your life choices.
That's a laugh.

I'll bet everybody wishes they'd retired from Ground instead of Express so they can get zero dollars instead of a monthly pension. LMAO!

wQyKGvAYtIoqBpPZtfn6PEUaoGNW_-kmtZJeuy0TP7mTNdXqXoxdzZfOsLcc6W19eyzsYg=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu