Fedex Hiring Session

Pack_Man

Thanks everyone for your informative responses!! For those who have had the "Fedex experience", what would you say could be done at Fedex to repair or improve the "quality of life" of working there or is that a difficulty because of working for private contractors. Once again the only reason why Fedex is a little more appealing to me is because of the "hassle free" opportunity of transferring to another state without having to quit the company or being put in a position where you are not hired again. By the way I do have intentions of going back to school for a degree in the medical field so either of these companies may or may not be made into a career for me.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
....and we're back to inane posting...
2014-08-17-08-34-07-1832598099.jpeg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thank you Operational Needs for that clarification.

What you're going to get at a hiring event is a pack of lies. You'll be told all about how we're a team, what a valued asset you'll be, and how management wants your input. "Fabulous" benefits, and we all work together, blah, blah, blah. Pure crap. Consider what has been said here by folks who actually work at FedEx, and get a clue. We're not lying...it sucks.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Couple things about ups in California. We are going through a nation wide hiring spree. But here in so cal the wait is still 9.5 years. Second to op, you can only transfer states if you are in the western states. I.e. Utah to Oregon. Being that your in new York the union rules are different out there and you cannot transfer. I'm pretty sure you can't transfer at all out there. You would be stuck in the building you started in. So I would say if you plan on transferring to California I would research and find out which of the 11 states on the western u.s. is hiring drivers off the street. Move there get on, put in your year of full time and put your name on the transfer list. Also you can only transfer if your a full time driver and you have to put in a year of full time before you can put your name on the transfer list.

Pack_Man

Sooo I finally decided to go check out the hiring session today. On Craigslist and another website ,Fedex had put up information that this session was going to be open between 10 am and 5 pm. By the time I get there around 12:30 pm, there was a huge line to get in...and they were turning away people...myself included!! I just find it interestingly odd that a big company like Fedex wouldn't just cut off any possible new applicants around 5.... But as someone already mentioned previously, their organization is very much disorganized!!! #ImJustSaying

MAKAVELI

Sooo I finally decided to go check out the hiring session today. On Craigslist and another website ,Fedex had put up information that this session was going to be open between 10 am and 5 pm. By the time I get there around 12:30 pm, there was a huge line to get in...and they were turning away people...myself included!! I just find it interestingly odd that a big company like Fedex wouldn't just cut off any possible new applicants around 5.... But as someone already mentioned previously, their organization is very much disorganized!!! #ImJustSaying
Think of it as a blessing in disguise.

MAKAVELI

A multi billion dollar company posting help wanted ads in Craigslist should tell you something.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I'm thinking you didn't really want the job anyway if you didn't show up til 12:30. If I wanted something and they said 10:00-5:00, I probably would be there at 9:30. Just sayin'.

But as stopsperhour said, look at it as a blessing in disguise. Word to the wise, if UPS says 10:00-5:00, don't wait til 12:30 to stroll in.