Fedex Hiring Session

kinobadd

Hello my first post here, any ways I applied at fedex freight for road driver, I got an email saying that to wait for a pre-screen phone call. its been 9 days and nothng. how long does it take for them to call you?

FedexCares

Another thing, FedEx will look very appealing in the beginning. It won't take long before the idea of never reaching top pay and an almost nonexistent retirement, plus the minimal insurance will make you have second thoughts. UPS is going through a major hiring spree right now. You might not see that again for many years.
....but...but, my SM just told me they are going to a 10 year top out plan starting next year and I totally believe him, because as we all know FedexCares.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
....but...but, my SM just told me they are going to a 10 year top out plan starting next year and I totally believe him, because as we all know FedexCares.

Why wait until next year? Do it now. "Oh, we can't do it now because we're examining the impact of _____ and doing cost projections regarding____. This will all delay implementation until_____." In other words, don't count on it, and by the time you see it, if ever, it won't be what they promised.

mcutrono

Hi. My first post in this place. This forum has been very useful in answering many of my questions. Next week Fedex has setup a hiring session in NYC from 10 am to 5 pm. I was wondering if anyone had any experience about these sessions? Is it like a job fair or would I have to be there the entire day? Thank you!!

Look. Let me tell you how it really is here. I got this job over a decade ago. I sat in a room in jfk and watched a video about a courier sitting in traffic. Took a stupid map test, which apparently they dont give anymore because new hires are too stupid to take it anymore. Got the whole speech about how benefits were great even at part time. Well that went away. Now over a decade later, im making about $5 more an hour than when I walked thru the door. New hires are making a dollar and change less than me.. which means i could have applied for my job a year ago and probably been close to the same pay rate Im at now. I believe in hard work. But that gets you nowhere here. The incompetent ones are the ones that make out here. What does a hard working courier get here? MORE WORK to do in the same amount od time as the slacker.

Im not here as a basher. Im here as a realist. I learned the hard way. I watched many hard working guys who cared leave because they were getting bad raises and were required to pick up the slack of the bad workers. Who got written up? The hard workers. Who didn't? The slackers. It's a sad reality and I'm stuck in this place for 1/4 of my life. If I can do anything good, it would be to convince you to go the other way and not come here and stay here like I did in blind faith that things would get better when they didnt. Im scrambling to get out

Slick silver

Amen to that. I'm on of those who believed that doing more work or harder work then everyone else would help get me places here and or more money. Now it's just more work and the same pay. I've been looking around for a new job for a couple months, and I've only been here going on 3 years. It sucks for the mid range guys who are basically committed at this point to basically stay because well they have families to provide for and probably don't have the time to start looking again because they are getting over loaded everyday. I'm glad I've been able to hear more from you guys on this board to figure out that it's not just the station that I'm at that is bad, but In fact the whole company

DontThrowPackages

If you're looking for a career, go with UPS! There is no future at FedEx.
There's nothing better than knowing that at the end of your career there'll be a 3500-4000 a month pension waiting for you. If you're a young person and have the slighted change to drive for the other Co., then go. 401ks are legalized gambling. No promise that when you retire that you will have a useful nest egg. A good pension is everything.