FedEx misses but stock climbs again

sendagain

I swear I don't understand why this company is such a darling on Wall Street. They miss their numbers but the stock climbs 1.6% while our stock shows a loss and the rest of the market takes a hit. What kind of weird voodoo do they have over their at Fred's office?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I swear I don't understand why this company is such a darling on Wall Street. They miss their numbers but the stock climbs 1.6% while our stock shows a loss and the rest of the market takes a hit. What kind of weird voodoo do they have over their at Fred's office?

Its the motley fool group that has pumped up fedex so much in the last few years....I really dont think anyone understands this.

S

Stock Analyst

In my professional opinion it helped that the Fedex people didn't stutter, stammer, make up lame excuses, and then yell "look over there!" to try to distract us from their numbers.

In my professional opinion it helped that the Fedex people didn't stutter, stammer, make up lame excuses, and then yell "look over there!" to try to distract us from their numbers.

CNBC said yesterday that FedEx low balled their numbers. (promised on the low end last quarter and expected better results later in the year) A comentator called it smoke and mirrors. We will see...FedEx still has a lower PE ratio (15.1)than UPS (17.6) though.

S

Stock Analyst

CNBC said yesterday that FedEx low balled their numbers. (promised on the low end last quarter and expected better results later in the year) A comentator called it smoke and mirrors. We will see...FedEx still has a lower PE ratio (15.1)than UPS (17.6) though.

So, let me get this straight. Fedex's management managed expectations so they'd maximize value for the shareholders? Those bastards!

SmithBarney

Yes they gave low ball numbers, actually cut out employee bonuses this year.
and the stock jumps...
Bonuses will be back next year though in 6mo incriments