FedEx pilots

SmithBarney

its also easier to unionize a small group of educated people versus an uneducated mass.
it's also easier to unionize when the majority of the workforce is in one location.. MEMPHIS they can meet in one location.
Express Crrs would need a nationwide vote with a 50+1 majority for it to pass, and organizing all those locations at the same time is next to impossible. Coupled with the fact that high seniority crrs "have theirs" and have no interest in organizing.

vantexan

This. I watched the film and almost threw-up. The "Gods of The Air" are going to get another big, fat contract at "your" (hourlies) expense. For those that whine about FedEx "not being able to afford a union" consider that FedEx pilots are the best compensated in the industry and have lavish pensions and benefits, all because Fred paid you peanuts.

They can even afford a self-serving promotional video.
If they reduced pilot pay and benefits do you think it would give the huge group of couriers that much more? A thousand or two a year more maybe. I don't like how FedEx did us either but am not going to get into the envy game over it.

El Morado Diablo

it's also easier to unionize when the majority of the workforce is in one location.. MEMPHIS they can meet in one location.
Express Crrs would need a nationwide vote with a 50+1 majority for it to pass, and organizing all those locations at the same time is next to impossible. Coupled with the fact that high seniority crrs "have theirs" and have no interest in organizing.

I think you'd be surprised how many high seniority crrs would vote for a union.

fatboy33

I thought that only dummies and uneducated fools would vote for a union. The pilots prove you wrong goobar.
Republicans, for the past 20 years, have told the working class how bad Unions are. Democrats pretend to care but really don't either. But we always knew better. No need to look farther than Police and fire unions.

bacha29

And in those backward so called "right to work" states the task would be even more difficult.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Once again, an apples to bananas comparison. RTDs deserve an industry-comparable scale of wages, just as the pilots do. The FedEx pilots obviously exert more control over their situation because they are far less easy to replace and have a much higher skill set. A valid comparison would be UPS feeder drivers at about $40 per hour, along with an outstanding PENSION and excellent medical and dental benefits. A career UPS feeder driver is going to have a 5-6K per month pension, assuming PEER 80 and out status. Most feeder drivers work nights and pull doubles, not much weirder than 0230 starts at FedEx.

Yeah. FedEx compares "favorably".
The post you're responding to said that there are 163,000 ATP's and 3 million truckers.

Thanks for the lecture, gramps, but it looks like you replied to the wrong post.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I figured you’d be chiming in with the same old arguments. You know I’m right and your attempts to call me names won’t stop the inevitable.
At least now you're admitting that you're arguing with me about things I never said. Baby steps!