FedEx PPA Going Away

Serf

*A lot of folks I worked with had no idea you had to work at least 1,000 hrs a year to get the PPA credit.

Unfortunately rollover of PPA funds to 401k or simple cash out while presently employed is of course, not an option.

I don't know the ratio exactly, but I'm willing to bet most of the Companies hour lies are part time. Not many can afford to contribute that much.

Serf

I've read other larger companies following a similar position. And while it's better than nothing; the Portable Pension wasn't exactly the cats meow. The estimates online were always based on 45 hrs. And future dollars calculator amounted to enough to live off for about 2.5 yrs. in this country anyways.

Serf

I've always subscribed to a few fringe conspiracy ideas. Plausible at best. Big Gov hijacking all 401/IRA/Ret. funds to pay for the BS they spew. And just giving you some small rate of return or bonds on what equates to a universal income.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I've always subscribed to a few fringe conspiracy ideas. Plausible at best. Big Gov hijacking all 401/IRA/Ret. funds to pay for the BS they spew. And just giving you some small rate of return or bonds on what equates to a universal income.
Vote Demoncrat and you can prove your theory.

Meat

Vote Demoncrat and you can prove your theory.

Hasn't the budget deficit increased by approximately fifty percent under the current administration? Looks like trillion dollar annual shortfalls for the foreseeable future. Yeah, America really should fear Democratic largesse!

Meat

Whenever they do something like this, I always wait for the next shoe to drop - and I’ve never had to wait very long. :huh:

Oh, I don’t know. When they announced the traditional pension was being replaced it was five plus years before the next major cut (major changes to the healthcare coverage in 2013 or 2014).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hasn't the budget deficit increased by approximately fifty percent under the current administration? Looks like trillion dollar annual shortfalls for the foreseeable future. Yeah, America really should fear Democratic largesse!

Trump is ballooning the deficit, yet nobody on his side cares. They will simply blame the Democrats, and their idiot base will believe it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Word is that there will be announcements January and February.. looks like a fire sale to me.

Bezos will buy out Smith for 10 cents on the dollar and re-brand it as Eventual Express. "When it absolutely, positively might have to be there sometime in the foreseeable future". Maybe.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are such a BSer. We could have had a union under Obama but Dem's took Fred's money instead.

Golden waffles like you ensured we wouldn't have a union. "Auntie Em, Auntie Em!!!, poor little Fred can't afford a union". Are you a Eggo like Lindsay Graham??

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Seems like Fred and his henchmen are always looking for new ways to friend* the hourlies over. I feel sorry for anyone working there right now. Except for Dano.

No need to feel sorry for me, chump. Good salary, 15% of which goes to 401k. When the new plan kicks in, I'll get a bigger match. Math is awesome!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

The one in most danger is the Roth IRA/Roth 401k. Never heard anything serious, but there are some people who say, "There are too many wealthy people who have too much money in those accounts growing tax-free. Something should be done about that."