FedEx PPA Going Away

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Trump is ballooning the deficit, yet nobody on his side cares. They will simply blame the Democrats, and their idiot base will believe it.

Plenty of us care and it's cause for concern. Problem is that the opposition's solution is to spend even more.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You're still Fred's bitch.

Now THAT'S awesome.

A FedEx retiree making fun of a FedEx employee for working at FedEx.
a46d3e79d8088662e5afbfec3dcde8e4_crop_north.jpg

WELCOME TO CACTUS

vantexan

Golden waffles like you ensured we wouldn't have a union. "Auntie Em, Auntie Em!!!, poor little Fred can't afford a union". Are you a Eggo like Lindsay Graham??
More B.S.. Way back when I advocated for a union as much as anyone. We wouldn't see UPS wages, but it would've gotten us topped out faster and we would have kept the traditional pension. But you're deflecting. Dems deserted us for campaign cash.

Serf

"But at the same time, FedEx employees did not get a true 5% contribution in their cash balance plan, because that’s not how a defined benefit pension plan works. FedEx credited that amount to a notional account for recordkeeping purposes, but the money was not set aside in a real individual account for each employee like a 401(k). And rather than crediting the account with interest based on the plan’s investment earnings for the year, the plan credited each notional recordkeeping-only “account” with interest based on a U.S. Treasury bond index – according to their most recent annual report (p. 125), they assume that this crediting rate will work out to 4.0% over the long term, considerably less than the 6.75% they themselves expect to earn on their assets."

This excerpt hit me hard. "Notional Account." Also, when a company says it's not a cost saving initiative, you can bet your butt it's a cost saving initiative.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
More B.S.. Way back when I advocated for a union as much as anyone. We wouldn't see UPS wages, but it would've gotten us topped out faster and we would have kept the traditional pension. But you're deflecting. Dems deserted us for campaign cash.
I remember Obama on a political TV ad saying how he was going to sign into law "The Employee Free Choice Act." This would have given millions of workers more power to join unions without the typical retaliation many employers target employees with. Obama urged the senate to pass this but of course big corporations and their money (especially Fred's) spoke louder and to no big surprise, the whole thing faded into oblivion.

Employee Free Choice Act - Wikipedia

vantexan

I remember Obama on a political TV ad saying how he was going to sign into law "The Employee Free Choice Act." This would have given millions of workers more power to join unions without the typical retaliation many employers target employees with. Obama urged the senate to pass this but of course big corporations and their money (especially Fred's) spoke louder and to no big surprise, the whole thing faded into oblivion.

Employee Free Choice Act - Wikipedia
We specifically had the Express Employees Relief Act attached to the FAA bill. Would've taken us out of the Railroad Labor Act and let us vote locally, station by station, to unionize. The Dems had control of both houses and the presidency. Fred opened his wallet.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We specifically had the Express Employees Relief Act attached to the FAA bill. Would've taken us out of the Railroad Labor Act and let us vote locally, station by station, to unionize. The Dems had control of both houses and the presidency. Fred opened his wallet.
Opened his wallet to the tune of $31 million yet FedEx was too greedy to handout printer paper and get employees replacement uniforms etc.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Fred spreads his money evenly so he can bribe both sides. Overall, he is GOP.

bacha29

Well, remember what we talked about? it's a race to the bottom of the cheap freight rate business. Naturally as a result the wage and benefit platform is collapsing and falling clean to the bottom right along with it.

As I said , he obviously sees what contractors are getting away with when it comes to their own employees . Paying flat salaries, per diems, or out there killing themselves for share cropping level stop and piece rates with no benefits, and nothing to live on afterward.

You guys should focus some attention on what's going on at Ground and given that you're a nonunion shop there's absolutely nothing that stands in the way of eventually ending up in about the same hopeless place.

Meat

No doubt, but still doesn't change what the Democrats did to us.

I sincerely hope that the employees sitting around with their thumbs up their asses, waiting for the “better” half of the two-party system to bail them out are using a quality lubricant. It could be awhile before they get the results they’re seeking.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No doubt, but still doesn't change what the Democrats did to us.

What did they do to us besides give us sane government? Your boy is giving the country over to Putin, gutting democracy, and ballooning the deficit....for starters.

Yeah, give us MORE GOP "leadership".

No thanks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I sincerely hope that the employees sitting around with their thumbs up their asses, waiting for the “better” half of the two-party system to bail them out are using a quality lubricant. It could be awhile before they get the results they’re seeking.

I think Ex-Lax might be more useful. Fred comes out easier with a little help.

vantexan

What did they do to us besides give us sane government? Your boy is giving the country over to Putin, gutting democracy, and ballooning the deficit....for starters.

Yeah, give us MORE GOP "leadership".

No thanks.
Trump isn't doing any such thing, and you're deflecting. The Democrats always touted themselves as for the little guy but when serious cash was waved at them they deserted us. Should've known that if my hopes were counting on the Dems coming through for us I was going to be disappointed. After all they've promised many things to many groups to get their vote yet things never get better, except for their bank accounts. Why should we be the exception?