FedEx Pride

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Seems that management at my station is slowly realizing that morale is bad. So, the new tactic, instead of the threatening messages of past, is to send out motivational broadcasts about "FedEx Pride". We should all show our pride in working for FedEx. The week is still young though.

DRAisawesome

I second that message. Told customer yesterday after 7+ years what I make. His mouth hit the floor with disbelief. Now that "Fedex Pride"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Seems that management at my station is slowly realizing that morale is bad. So, the new tactic, instead of the threatening messages of past, is to send out motivational broadcasts about "FedEx Pride". We should all show our pride in working for FedEx. The week is still young though.

LOFL. I show "FedEx Pride" when I take a huge, steaming Smith and then wipe my Thornton with a big wad of Bronczek.

fedupped

They blew it with greed. Keep cashing in your stock options. Milk this company into a revolving door of ground drivers with no benefits, no hope, and eventually no desire to work at Fedex. It is already a downward spiral. They dont care. Theyre set. Without a dramatic change in wages and pay scale, a decent pension, this company will be Airborne.

ProfitServiceProfit

We had a broadcast today that said, "Surveys show that customers appreciate when couriers go above and beyond. #purplepromise." Or something like that. I just laughed and continued to WAD.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They blew it with greed. Keep cashing in your stock options. Milk this company into a revolving door of ground drivers with no benefits, no hope, and eventually no desire to work at Fedex. It is already a downward spiral. They dont care. Theyre set. Without a dramatic change in wages and pay scale, a decent pension, this company will be Airborne.
That's right. Smith alone has enough money to last several lifetimes and then some but it's never good enough for him. What a sad life actually.

We had a broadcast today that said, "Surveys show that customers appreciate when couriers go above and beyond. #purplepromise." Or something like that. I just laughed and continued to WAD.
I saw that message too. So I guess we were a customer service business today? Tomorrow.....same old business as usual.

ProfitServiceProfit

MAKAVELI

I'm sure Fred and his cronies are thinking about customer service when they are counting their wads of cash they get when selling off their stock.

overflowed

Maybe Hypo Hanna can enlighten us on how these mass broadcast go out. Do they get special ones every now in then that they have to broadcast from up on high? I think yes. Some things from dispatch I believe that to be the case. They will send the message then say something like "I especially like this one." Usually really dumb things.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe Hypo Hanna can enlighten us on how these mass broadcast go out. Do they get special ones every now in then that they have to broadcast from up on high? I think yes. Some things from dispatch I believe that to be the case. They will send the message then say something like "I especially like this one." Usually really dumb things.

Everything at this company is scripted.

overflowed

That I know for sure. I can tell when management is told to say things in meetings and no one believes them, because i can tell by their face they don't believe the crap they're spewing. I'm sure you can all relate to that.

hypo hanna

It was a nationwide broadcast. I nearly wet myself laughing when I read it! My dispatcher told me they are going to be sending these out weekly.

El Morado Diablo

You can say that again. We got a message yesterday via powerpad from our manager addressing us as "team". Once again we are being squeezed to hit onroad goals and we were told late starts, route cutting, hours cutting, etc were all on the table. The manager asked for suggestions "to help me help you". People were openly talking about signing union cards when I got back for the reload. The fireworks at our next meeting should be good.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You can say that again. We got a message yesterday via powerpad from our manager addressing us as "team". Once again we are being squeezed to hit onroad goals and we were told late starts, route cutting, hours cutting, etc were all on the table. The manager asked for suggestions "to help me help you". People were openly talking about signing union cards when I got back for the reload. The fireworks at our next meeting should be good.

Perhaps you should all just sit down on the bumpers of your vehicles during the AM sort and watch the packages drop off the end of the belt. This company still doesn't "get it", and bold action is necessary. Acting up and signing cards are both very good things.