FedEx SameDay ??

bbsam

Staff member
But, but.......It's supposed to be the contractor's business.

Oh yeah, that's right, FedEx has you guys by the balls.
If you continue to not understand contracts, then why do you continuously comment on them and make yourself appear a foolish, insignificant little twit?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My personal cellphone is just another tool that helps me do my job. That being said, there is one customer I wish that I had not given my number to. She is a PITA.
See how that's come back to bite you in the ass? Get many calls from her while your on vacation?

Cactus

I know of a couple of situations where couriers gave out their cellphone numbers to customers only to receive calls on their day off, while on vacation and one of them even on a Sunday. Not something I want to get involved with unless the customer is my brother.

Cactus

If you continue to not understand contracts, then why do you continuously comment on them and make yourself appear a foolish, insignificant little twit?
Whoa, Whoa Sammy! Things not going so well at work these days? No need to understand the boring contracts. It's rather obvious that FedEx is the real owner of your business and you guys are just mock owners. Hell, everybody knows that.

bacha29

Whoa, Whoa Sammy! Things not going so well at work these days? No need to understand the boring contracts. It's rather obvious that FedEx is the real owner of your business and you guys are just mock owners. Hell, everybody knows that.
You got it Cactus. There is simply no denying the facts. A Ground contractor is not a true businessman but rather a pathway to the cheap trucking and cheap non union labor X believes that it cannot live without. Secondly when it comes to command and control you are an employee. When it comes to the divestiture of risk liability and variable costs the things that can most negatively impact the bottom line you are an " independent contractor". Look at the contract ,the language makes it quite clear what it's objective actually is all about. It has nothing to do with business development including creating equity for the contractor. If those conditions are acceptable to the average contractor that's fine as long as he can live with the fact that he will never have the freedom or autonomy that normally goes with the risks he has assumed.And now that the margins that made the whole experience tolerable are under pressure and directly threatened by none other than X living with those unbalanced terms will continue to become more difficult as they become even more unbalanced.

bbsam

Staff member
You goof. That'sthe nature of many, many contracts. Again, if you dont understand contracts, the why do you comment? In fact, don't ever take out a mortgage. Now that's a stifling contract.

bbsam

Staff member
You got it Cactus. There is simply no denying the facts. A Ground contractor is not a true businessman but rather a pathway to the cheap trucking and cheap non union labor X believes that it cannot live without. Secondly when it comes to command and control you are an employee. When it comes to the divestiture of risk liability and variable costs the things that can most negatively impact the bottom line you are an " independent contractor". Look at the contract ,the language makes it quite clear what it's objective actually is all about. It has nothing to do with business development including creating equity for the contractor. If those conditions are acceptable to the average contractor that's fine as long as he can live with the fact that he will never have the freedom or autonomy that normally goes with the risks he has assumed.And now that the margins that made the whole experience tolerable are under pressure and directly threatened by none other than X living with those unbalanced terms will continue to become more difficult as they become even more unbalanced.
Do you have a mortgage?

bacha29

Do you have a mortgage?
A mortgage has nothing to do with the terms of a Fedex ground contract because mortgages are subject to banking and finance laws even more so today under the rules of Dodd Frank and the Consumer Protection Bureau. The terms of an X ground contract are whatever X says they are and answers to no one .

bbsam

Staff member
A mortgage has nothing to do with the terms of a Fedex ground contract because mortgages are subject to banking and finance laws even more so today under the rules of Dodd Frank and the Consumer Protection Bureau. The terms of an X ground contract are whatever X says they are and answers to no one .
It has to do with the one way nature of a lot of contracts. I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Dodd Frank or the CPB but you are correct that contracts should be better regulated so once again:

Don't like the model? Change the law.